Anyone use a 25" scale neck from USACG?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Fineblend, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Fineblend

Fineblend Member

Tried a search both TGP and Google Custom, very little if any results that give me an impression of how this neck plays, feels and sounds. Any comments? Thanks:BEER

2. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

I'd like to know about this too. I would like to try a 24 3/4" conversion Tele neck from Warmoth. I've been thinking about building an all mahogany short scale Thinline Tele with P90s.

3. Fineblend

Fineblend Member

Anyone? I'm going to go with this option any how, just wanted to get some opinions and tone report is all.

4. scottish

scottish Member

yes, ive built a few of my own guitars (ie carved/finished the body and bought the neck from usacg).

all three of them have a 25" neck from usacg. all with a hard v back contour and 12 inch radius, cant beat it. two are all rosewood and 1 is flame maple/flame maple.

you get a lot of the sparkle and harmonics that are inherent to the 25.5 scale.

5. jay42

jay42 Member

I have a 24 3/4" usacg neck, pau ferro fb, 12" radius strat with Lollars. You can really tell the difference in string tension. I built it thinking Live at Leeds, but with the maple and alder, it's a different beast. The extra bit of punchiness from the 25" might be worth it.

6. vpolineni

vpolineni Member

bumping a really old thread. Has anyone else used the 25" conversion neck from usacg? I noticed that they are the only one of the big 3 to offer that (musikraft and warmoth only offer 24.75"). What would be (if any) the difference between 25" and 24.75"?

7. vpolineni

vpolineni Member

bumping this thread because I can't decide between 25" and 24.75" for a usacg conversion neck to go with a warmoth mahogany/maple body with humbuckers. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

8. Fab4ever

Fab4ever Member

I'm afraid I don't have any actual wisdom or experience to share, but I cannot imagine that a quarter inch is going to make a very discernible difference.