Anyone use a Billy Corgan Strat or similar?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by dan7_69, Feb 16, 2012.

1. dan7_69

dan7_69 Member

I've been interested in the Bill Corgan Strat since it came out. I'm interested if anyone has one, or a strat with rail HBs in it like this model, and what your thoughts are on it. I'm interested in the styles you're using it for, among other things.

I own a strat with Klein Jazzy Cats, a Tele with Don Mare's pups, and a ES-355. I mostly play blues with a little alt-rock thrown in there. Using a Greer Cam-18 (when it returns from Nick for some repairs). I'm getting some fantastic blues tones out of my current rig, and the ES and Tele can handle a good amount of rock.

Right now, I'm either getting a LP Tribute with P-90s, a Hendrix Montery painted strat (always wanted one, but no real need as my current strat is fantastic), or a Corgan-style strat. I'm trying to justify to myself that a this type of guitar will fill some need, besides sitting in a case, taking up room.

Anyway, thoughts anyone?

2. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

I like the specs. Seems like a cool guitar.
    Won't be very stratty though IMO.

3. cutaway

cutaway Supporting Member

the strat plus is technically the corgan strat if you want to split hairs. :)

4. big mike

big mike Administrator Staff Member

Yeah those were good.

5. guitararmy

guitararmy Member

I have a Parts-o-caster with a DiMarzio Fast Track 2 in the bridge and a Fast Track in the neck, with a gold lace sensor in between. The FS 2 is a hot distortion pu without much mud, and a bit more clarity than the average humbucker. The FS 1 has a nice single coil sound with a bit more body...