Anyone use a compressor after the Lovepedal Tchula

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by groovington, Jan 31, 2012.

1. groovington

groovington Member

I'm thinking about getting a Tchula before they are all gone. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me about their experience with running a compressor pedal after one? And/or running a tchula with along another od, fuzz, or distortion pedal?

2. groovington

groovington Member

tchula > compressor

or

tchula > od > compressor

Anyone?

3. groovington

groovington Member

4. groovington

groovington Member

5. alamere

alamere Member

Don't have a tchula, but I've got the Les Luis that has the tchula mode. In my opinion you have to run the compressor in front of this box for best results... At least that's how I run them. The comp pushes the LesLuis even more than normal so they play really nicely together in my opinion.

I wouldn't want to run them backwards as the distorted signal into a compressor has never worked well for me. I tend to use the compressor very subtly.. And it's tough to make it subtle if you run it after your dirt boxes. Feels a lot more natural when run in front of them in my opinion.

6. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I run my comp after 1 or 2 TS9's, it can be a little noisier depending on your rig and settings, but worth it to maintain dynamics. I am not familiar with the Tchula, but I just read about it on the Lovepedal website; he touts the dynamic ability to clean up - if that is what your getting the pedal for, I would run the comp 2nd, otherwise you lose the ability to clean the pedal up (with the comp first).