Anyone use a Fat Boost with an OCD? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Soul Man, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Soul Man

Soul Man Local 83 Supporting Member

As stated above!

2. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

I tried the OCD Mk4 with the Plimsoul, which some has said sound good together, but that didn't work for me at all. Then I tried the OCD with the Catalyst (which some say are like the FB but higher gain) and I prefered the Cat into the OCD for rhythm. This gives you something of a different take on what DG and EJ do, by stacking drive pedals and fuzzes.

I also like running the Plim into the FB3. The FB3 has a woody but slightly dry character that is best noticed I find as the last drive pedal in the chain. It sort of helps firm up the sound, if that makes sense. I suppose it could do something similar w. the OCD at reasonable gain.

Not sure this is of any help, and my taste being a bit left of centre, maybe it doesn't say much to you. But generally: for a glassier quality I would put the FB first and for a dryer character I'd put it last. Though it's against reason and common practise to put a lower gain pedal last the FB is a nice as a filter and toneshaper that way. And you can smack it pretty hard with the pedal before it too.