Anyone use a Pedal Pad AXS board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by IRG, Oct 14, 2008.

1. IRG

IRG Member

Like this one here: http://www.pedalpad.com/Pedal-Pad-Pedal-Boards-Standard.htm#axs-xl

This is their larger version, internally it measures 36" x 13" which is larger in terms of width than a PTPro, but its depth is less. I like the idea of putting multiple power supplies underneath. Can you with the PTPro or PT2 put 2 power supplies underneath? I know it comes with mounting brackets for one, but with the PT Pro, it seems like you might need two of them. I use a BBE Supa Charger and DC Brick currently.

Anyway, I don't gig out at the moment, so I just want something that is flexible for home use, but strong enough and versatile enough if/when I do gig out. I was thinking of going with 2 board (I have 2 home made at the moment) but I don't like it. I prefer one board.

Just curious as I seldom see anyone using these boards, it seems most people are using the Pedaltrain, which are nice, and I may end up getting, just looking at options.

2. billy budapest

billy budapest Supporting Member

I'm using the Pedal Pad - although I always forget which model designation it is. Anyway, the power supply is well-made and reliable and the tiered set-up works really well for me.

It's in a state of disarray at the moment, but here it is:
    [​IMG]

Even better, I bought it on eBay for $30! One of my better scores!

bb

3. IRG

IRG Member

That is a great score. I never see them used for sale. The AXS models don't have the power supply included like you have, and the have a flat surface, not those shelves like you have. Both are pretty cool. I just rarely see anyone using them here, and they seem really decent, prices aren't bad at all. Seems pedaltrain has the market both here and ove at HC.

4. Gary Brennan

Gary Brennan Old cavorting member Gold Supporting Member

I use the basic 26" wide AXS, not the oversize one or powered one. I have a PP2 and several varying voltage wall warts on a power strip, all underneath the top. It works great, have a Picwah, Zendrive, OCD, SmallFry, Ltd, Tone press, trem, RCboost, and a Axess MFC5 midi pedal all on the mounting surface. Works great, indestructable.

gb

5. drod1985

drod1985 Member

I've got the smaller AXS, wanting to upgrade to the larger so i can have my amp's footswitch on it too. Hiding a few goodies underneath, including my power supply.

[​IMG]