Anyone use a PedalSnake?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeVB, Jan 26, 2012.

1. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

Note: Would someone be kind enough to hook me up with the PedalSnake email? I'd like to email some questions about what exactly to order for my rig, and my browser won't display the email address when I click on it.

I just stumbled across the PedalSnake page and was intrigued.

So, if I just have a small 4-5 pedal board can I just use the PedalSnake for signal and power? Or do I still need to have a power-supply on the board?

It'd be really cool to not need a VL PP+ or something similar on the board. Like to save space and weight anywhere I possibly can.

How noisy is the PedalSnake compared to board-mounted power-supplies?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Do a search. There are several threads on the Pedalsnake. Thanks.

3. guitarz1972

guitarz1972 Member

I'll try saving you some search time, OP.

I used one for a while when my old amp had an fx loop. It's dead quiet; John uses good quality connections for that. You will need a power supply source; it's got "mini" plug connections on it for plugging into a standard AC adapter and out to your pedals via a daisy chain (not included). I used a One-Spot w/its proprietary daisy chain, and I think that's what John recommends for it. So along with your cables, the power supply and daisy chain will link into both ends of the snake, so not like you'll have to keep disconnecting and reconnecting stuff.

It's a nice product and I think you'll be pleased.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  4. Steve73

Steve73 Member

I've used one for years and I love it. Regardless of how my rig changes (FX loop, straight to the amp, etc), I just adjust the ends on the Pedalsnake to make it work. My setup/strike time is very fast and there is less wear and tear on the cables. The cable sounds great, though you need to buffer it at the length they run.

I don't run power on mine though, just signal cable. I have some power hungry pedals so I need to keep a power supply on my board.

5. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

Pedalsnake offers power supplies and the necessary connectors to run power through the Base Snake to your board.

Very informative YouTube video here...

6. bobgoblin

bobgoblin Supporting Member

I've had one for 4 or 5 years now, used it with at least a half dozen amps and dozens of pedals. Now, with my set up, i run signal & power, MIDI, and I modded 2 lines to control my amp's footswitch. I use a 1-spot for power, fwiw.

7. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

First thing I tried but didn't find out exactly what I wanted to know. Sorry you had to take time out of your web-surfing to chastise my thread;)

Thanks for the positive comments guys. Saw the YT videos but wanted some real-world, unbiased opinions.

8. jb4674

jb4674 Member

I've always wondered about those pedalsnakes but the website made me turn it down because the content was poorly displayed and not informative enough to warrant me spending lots of money on a product that I couldn't see clear examples of.

9. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

You should be.

10. deegee

deegee Member

Using one for 5 years now. Love it! Run signal, power for pedals, channel switching and solo boost on my amp (Mesa Boogie Rectoverb).

11. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

Thanks for the comments fellers. Someone please post the PedalSnake email address for me - my browser won't display it for some reason.

12. Steve73

Steve73 Member

Here you go:
    sales1@pedalsnake.com

13. bobgoblin

bobgoblin Supporting Member