Anyone use a projector for gigs ??

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by jharpersj, Feb 24, 2009.

1. jharpersj

jharpersj Member

OK I know crazy question but has anyone used a projector behind the band at gigs. I always wanted to have whacked out **** playing behind the band while we played. If so how did you set it up and what did you use ? best thing would be a screen you could plug a computer into

thanks !

2. dantedayjob

dantedayjob Member

I have that same idea, but haven't done it yet! I think it would be pretty cool...

3. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Supporting Member

I once saw a local "indie" band who did that. They played a Sonic Youth type of melodic drone music with lots of delay etc. They had all kinds of crazy movie clips playing behind them on the wall. I don't even think they used a screen IIRC. It seemed to fit what they were doing.

Strictly a rock thing IMO. I couldn't see BB King adding that to his set. :)

4. m@2

m@2 Supporting Member

my band did in the early 90's. we were doing kinda an industrial sound (think skinny puppy/ministry kind of thing) and projected all kinda of crazy imagery both onto us, and on a screen behind us. Was a lot of fun, and added to the show, but would be out of place with some bands/scenes i think. These days, you can get a decent projector hooked right into a laptop for not HUGE $$$ .

5. 8Painting

8Painting Member

Our guy who does our lights does, theyre pretty nifty.

6. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Those of us who play in church have been doing this for years.

It's a lot of work!