Anyone use a Rockett pedal to boost crunchy marshall?

Rogue

Just a marshall setup for crunchy but accessible cleans with pick attack or guitar volume adjustment.

I had a Blue Note and it was cool, but the bottom end was didn't gel well with me. Probably the most organic OD pedal I've played though. Great pedal.

I'm intrigued by the Led Boots, as it has a clean boost as well. Lordriffenstein uses one in front of a plexi and it sounds pretty good, but it's a youtube video and can be misleading.

Anyone using any of them in front a marshall for a little sumptin sumptin? Which ones and what results do you get?

Why Rockett? No particular reason, I just like them.

billyg121

Silver Supporting Member
You should try the Lemon Aid boost. Prob the best, most underrated pedal ive played. So versitle in tailoring the EQ. Not much out there in demos. Prob the Rockett/Mark Lettri one is the best example. So, you couldn't dial the low end out of the BN..or was it not tight enough ? Curious about your experience with it driving a Marshall?

Rogue

I use a koko boost, and that has been my boosting pedal for a long time now. It does not play well with ODs that are more mid heavy...at least into a marshall. Just too much mids. I've given up on that path and will use the Koko for a boost, and an OD for different flavor.

Right, the low end didn't really tighten up the amp and sounded a little strange with the Blue Note...less defined. I liked it in the lower switch mode which was less of a mid hump, but still added some mids. It did have a real nice organic tone. One of the better ODs I've tried for sure.

Doesn't seem like a great deal of people have used Rockett pedals into a marshall type amp. That's cool, I don't think they built their pedals with that in mind. With the quality of their pedals, though, it seems like they'd work as good or better than any other OD in front of a marshall (which isn't uncommon).

Trending Topics