Anyone use an MXR 10 band EQ pedal?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Relicula, May 1, 2008.

1. Relicula

Relicula Supporting Member

Thinking of getting one of these to tame some high end in an amp, and do a little tone shaping.

Anyone using one of these on their pedal boards, or, would it be better to go to a rack unit?

2. oakfloor

oakfloor Member

Had the six bander IIRC it was noisey. I have a four band parametric in a rack. It takes some tweeking, but you get more tone shaping.

3. shoestring

shoestring Supporting Member

I have the 10 band & it is great in the loop.

4. Geetarpicker

Geetarpicker Member

I'm not sure how well the new 10 band unit works at guitar level, but it works quite well at line level. It has a input gain control which should help it to adapt to whatever level you are running. I can say that at line level I had no noise issues with it.

Dorian2 likes this.
  5. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member

I have one and it works very well IMO. I use it at instrument level. Not too noisey.

GGG also makes a 10 band eq that is good. The MXR has a few extras like the LEDs, but both are quite useful. Should work great for taming the high end. I'd personally like one with a few more bands in the midrange, but it is a very powerful tool.

6. tsansone

tsansone Member

I use the MXR 10 Band EQ in my effects loop as a lead boost.
    It's not noisy at all and shapes my lead tone with a light midrange boost. Highly recommended.