Anyone use Behringer pedals??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sgguitarzz, Apr 15, 2008.

1. sgguitarzz

sgguitarzz Supporting Member

I know there have been a few threads on these recently and was really curious if anyone is really using any of these in either rehearsals or gigs. Is there one particular model that may stand out from the bunch. They have so many and at that price maybe they are worth a look. I actually checked out a video on YouTube of someone using a few and it actually sounded pretty good. For myself I am more interested in a chorus and delay pedal.

2. dougb415

dougb415 Member

I bought some of their pedals a couple years ago and have retired every single one.... except for their tuner, which will be replaced this summer.

3. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

i have a vintager, little practice amp, chinese clone of a tech21 trademark amp

switches got dirty, i took it apart to clean it, its designed to self destruct on case opening...

i'm done w/ behringer after that, for me its just worth it to save up and get something made out of metal and made in use

4. Digby

Digby Senior Member

Bought a Berhinger Echo Machine on eBay. Received it last night. Plugged in a power supply, and it was dead within ten minutes. Hoping the seller will replace it. I'll try a second one. If that doesn't work, then it's my money back and I'll get the Moen Pretty Dolly my gut instinct told me to buy to begin with.

Digby

5. Sleepo

Sleepo Member

I used to use the EQ as a boost. It worked fine, only issue was a slight noise issue, BUT, i was using it on top of my amp, with a cheap DC Brick type thing on the amp.

I also have the OD/Dist pedal which i got when i just started out. For £13, i'm not complaining, i use it through one of my rubbish practice amps and it does the job. Who needs good tone in their bedroom on their own?

And I used to have a FCB1010 when I had a JMP-1. Except the manual, that is one of the best pieces of equipment I have ever used. Brilliant product.

6. soulsonic

soulsonic Member

I modded one of those Small Stone copy Vintage Phasers for true bypass; and after doing the mod, it went from being so-so to totally usable. I'd still prefer a Small Stone, but for the price and the cheap way it's constructed, it really isn't that terrible. If you're totally broke and really need a pedal, the Behringer ones can be okay; though, as far as cheap pedals go, I very much prefer the cheap Danelectros - they're considerably better than the Behringers.