• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

anyone use full bore mxr?

TimSt.L

Has anyone used the MXR full bore metal pedal for anything other than metal? I have one, but the band Im jammin with now is more of a deftones kind of sound. Is this possible to accomplish?

I'll be using ESP into a rectoverb then to a 4:12.

Any pointers are welcome. Im kinda going for deftones/ or heavy Tool tone.
I'll be in B standard.(BEADGB)

tibbon

This will probably come off horridly offensive, but it isn't intended to. I have one somewhere around here. I affectionately refer to it as my "douchebag pedal", and kick it for "that sound" when a song needs a super heavy section, but when I do so its almost always an inside musical joke to myself.

Had it on my board for when I was playing in a band that had a song called "Metal song", which was basically a parody of 'heavy music', complete with drop-D chugging riffs and a needlessly fast solo inserted in a completely arbitrary place. It wasn't my idea, but I went with it :)

Anyway, back to your question, I think it does a semi-decent representation of a deftones/heavy sound thing, but I admit that my ears aren't very well tuned for that type of music, so I could be wrong. I just hear gated sounds an scooped mids :)

TimSt.L

This will probably come off horridly offensive, but it isn't intended to. I have one somewhere around here. I affectionately refer to it as my "douchebag pedal", and kick it for "that sound" when a song needs a super heavy section, but when I do so its almost always an inside musical joke to myself.

Had it on my board for when I was playing in a band that had a song called "Metal song", which was basically a parody of 'heavy music', complete with drop-D chugging riffs and a needlessly fast solo inserted in a completely arbitrary place. It wasn't my idea, but I went with it :)

Anyway, back to your question, I think it does a semi-decent representation of a deftones/heavy sound thing, but I admit that my ears aren't very well tuned for that type of music, so I could be wrong. I just hear gated sounds an scooped mids :)
Yeah, the mid scoop on the pedal basically takes whoever uses it completely out of a bands mix. It just seemed to do nothing but give crazy buzzsaw distortion. But I've liked mxr in the past.

And it's not offensive at all. You don't have to drop to D in order to play douche-metal, but it's a really good start!

Trending Topics