Anyone use MJT finishing for their guitar?

speedtaco

Has anyone used MJT Finishes to have their guitar refinished (http://mjtagedfinishes.com/index.htm)? Guess I'm looking for referrals. They were referred to me by Dan at Danocasters, which seems pretty good to me. Any info would be appreciated, or any other companies for that matter. Thanks

whaiyun

Love them and friendly and helpful. If Danocaster recommends them, they must be pretty darn good!

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
I have not had them refinish an instrument for me but I have purchased parts from them that they have finished. Top notch stuff! I am blown away by the detail and quality.

tapeworm

Mark Jenny is THE guy to see for refinishing, relic and aging work IMO. He's finished several producs for me and each time it came out exactly as I envisioned it. I recommend the to anyone looking for a refin, relic or aged guitar body, neck or part.

poolshark

Silver Supporting Member
I have not had them refinish an instrument for me but I have purchased parts from them that they have finished. Top notch stuff! I am blown away by the detail and quality.

Mark Jenny is THE guy to see for refinishing, relic and aging work IMO. He's finished several producs for me and each time it came out exactly as I envisioned it. I recommend the to anyone looking for a refin, relic or aged guitar body, neck or part.

Same here.

speedtaco

Wow, great feedback, thanks. he seems to be really on the ball, and is great with responding to emails. Nice to hear ya'lls opinions.

ricoh

MJT did exactly what I was looking for, had great communication and turn around time. I am not sure if he will do a NOS style finish but it can't hurt to ask. RS Guitar Works refinished and reliced a Gold Top I bought and the work was excellent........but the work was done before I bought it.
Lays is another one that I have heard does good work.

Michael Hunter

Silver Supporting Member
Bought a pre-finished tele body on eBay a number of months ago, along with an aged pickguard and bridge. Highly recommended.

Mayo5

Silver Supporting Member
They can also go colors over a sunburst. Mine has a black over a 3-tone sunburst. Heavy relic. I love it, and I haven't seen anybody else with it.

gmann

I've done alot of business with Mark. He does great work and is very easy to deal with, prompt at answering emails etc. Highly recommended.

54GT

Gold Supporting Member
another very satisfied customer. Nailed the color I was looking for and exceptional customer service and communication.

Hwy14

MJT only does relic refinish work if that's what your looking for.

Not true! They did a gloss black, buffed new finish on a tele for me. Granted, with nitro, it is relicing naturally very quickly.

mcdonaldkd

I have two guitars that I had finished by Mark and Matt. You will not be disappointed. Great service and communication.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom