Anyone use Native Instruments Komplete?

Fezziwig

Gold Supporting Member
I've been looking to invest in a suite of plugins to give me a well-rounded set of samples to play with. Anyone using NI's Komplete 11 and have they been happy with it?

Modulator

I have NI Komplete 11. I mainly use kontakt (which is really awesome) and Reaktor (for the weird electronics sounds), but rarely use the others (FM, Massive, etc).
Kontakt standalone is pretty good, but if you want some of the libraries, you might as well get Komplete. In my opinion, Komplete Ultimate isn't worth it. I would end up not using that extra stuff very often. But for sampling, Kontakt is the standard now. Lots of great 3rd party libraries too. SonicCouture is one my my favorites, but I'm a little biased, I contributed to one of their libraries. :)

If you want effects, look at Soundtoys. They are made by former Eventide engineers. They had a great sale recently, might still be going, I haven't checked.

SteveO

I have Komplete 9 Ultimate, haven't bothered with the upgrade yet because I pretty much have everything covered.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
If you want just a big sample library and player, consider Kontakt.

Consider Komplete if you want several additional sample libraries, synths, and effects.

Consider Komplete Ultimate if you want even more sample libraries, synths, and effects.

Yeah, Komplete is huge and includes many world class libraries.

If you want something really specific like drums or orchestral sounds, something like Superior Drummer or VSL may be more appropriate. Komplete has a lot of drums and orchestral sounds, but it focuses more on electronic, pop, and rock and it's less specific than the previously mentioned libs.

Fezziwig

Gold Supporting Member
If you want just a big sample library and player, consider Kontakt.

Consider Komplete if you want several additional sample libraries, synths, and effects.

Consider Komplete Ultimate if you want even more sample libraries, synths, and effects.

Yeah, Komplete is huge and includes many world class libraries.

If you want something really specific like drums or orchestral sounds, something like Superior Drummer or VSL may be more appropriate. Komplete has a lot of drums and orchestral sounds, but it focuses more on electronic, pop, and rock and it's less specific than the previously mentioned libs.

Thanks. I'm primarily looking for vintage synth sounds, so I'm not sure how solid Komplete is for that. I'll also probably use some of the orchestral stuff if I went with Komplete. I likely wouldn't use a lot of the stuff primarily for techno or electronica music. Any recommendations if you want a solid collection of vintage synth sounds, drums, and perhaps some orchestral/brass? I was leaning towards EZ Drummer 2 for the drums originally, as it seems a bit more user friendly than the Studio Drummer in Komplete.

Astronaut FX

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks. I'm primarily looking for vintage synth sounds, so I'm not sure how solid Komplete is for that. I'll also probably use some of the orchestral stuff if I went with Komplete. I likely wouldn't use a lot of the stuff primarily for techno or electronica music. Any recommendations if you want a solid collection of vintage synth sounds, drums, and perhaps some orchestral/brass? I was leaning towards EZ Drummer 2 for the drums originally, as it seems a bit more user friendly than the Studio Drummer in Komplete.

For vintage synths, you might want to look at Arturia's V collection. As far as software emulations of the classics, they are among the best around.

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog-classics/v-collection/overview

Even if you don't get Komplete, Native Instruments Kontakt is worth its weight in gold. I use it a lot. There are third party libraries available for just about every sound and every genre under the sun.

cjcayea

cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce
Silver Supporting Member
i have komplete 9 and use very little of it anymore. the arturia collection mentioned above is good, as is soundtoys, but also look at u-he synths. Diva in particular is just awesome

Trending Topics

Top Bottom