Anyone use the Fender Nashville Power tele?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by squeally dan, Jun 18, 2008.

1. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

I think a 3 pickup tele with a fishman power bridge sounds like a real versatile guitar. ANyone use one? How are the pickups? Overall quality? etc.

2. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

I have one; I used it as my #1 guitar for a couple of years. I like it a lot; you can get some pretty cool sounds.

Pickup set is quite good and telecastery... the piezos aren't going to fool anyone into thinking that you're playing an acoustic, but they have a nice sound, and mixing them with the stock p.u. gives a unique and pleasant chime.

Very happy with mine. :AOK

Hope this is helpful.

Cowboy

3. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

Thanks. I'm curious.. what replaced it as your #1?

4. Chris Rice

Chris Rice Member

Had one for a little while. Didn't do much of anything for me. Changed the pickups (Fralin bridge, Gibson mini-humbucker neck) for a mild improvement. Changed the controls to vol/tone for magnetic pickups, volume, and low-cut for the piezo. That helped also. Converted back to the stock pickups and sold it.

[​IMG]

5. squeally dan

squeally dan Member

Just didn't like the tone or the playability or both?

6. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

SD;
    Fair question. Certain guitars sound killer with certain amps, and I'm forever tweaking my sound, or re-inventing my particular wheel. :stir

The setup used to be a modded Fender Blues Deluxe with the Nashville Tele through an unremarkable pedalboard: Analogman Comp/Keeley boost box/ancient Ibanez delay. Good, snappy, energetic tone. :dude

Now, I'm using a Twister F2, I'm down to a compressor/delay/volume pedal, with a custom Tele out front. Is it better? Nah, but it's daphne blue, matches the amp, and is really eye-catching. :AOK

Seriously, a good guitar through a great amp is just magic.

My Nashville is tuxedo black, and clashes with my stage clothes. (Nah - really, it was just time to try something new.) Decisions can be made that way, sometimes. :jo

Then, of course, ask yourself - what kind of music am I going to be playing with it?

Good luck,
    Cowboy

7. Chris Rice

Chris Rice Member

Didn't like the overall acoustic response, and especially how it impacted the electric tone. I'm hyper-critical of these things, which can be a bit of a problem at times. :crazyguy I didn't like the bridge, it removed my favorite part of tele tone.