Anyone use the power outlet on a VooDoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus?

LJD

I need to supplement my power supply with something like the TRex Fuel Tank Jr.. Can I run power for the FTJ off that 3 prong socket on the PP2+? Will daisy chaining the power defeat the purpose of keeping it clean?

Anyone use that socket? Thanks!

100JH

Evidently it can be done?

What I did was....I have 3x PP2+ under my board and I run them all direct into separate outlets. I mounted a power strip/surge to the front of the pedal train and use short cables to patch from the PP2s to the strip. Than I also have additional outlets for other devices which require power beyond what the PP2+ can support. Plus I have the benefit of a really good surge suppressor to protect it all.

I want clean and direct connections. I only use direct isolated connections, nothing daisy chained. But thats me!

Last edited:

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
I used to use the courtesy outlet on the PP2 to power a Strymon Flint because none of the other outlets had enough mA. Came in real handy

mikoo69

Silver Supporting Member
Would I get any noise if I ran an AC adapter for an AC powered pedal from the Voodoo Lab's courtesy outlet on the back? Or is this fine? Looking to power a Tru-Tron w/ it's AC adapter.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Would I get any noise if I ran an AC adapter for an AC powered pedal from the Voodoo Lab's courtesy outlet on the back? Or is this fine? Looking to power a Tru-Tron w/ it's AC adapter.
You will be fine. The accessory outlet is wired directly to the IEC out of the PP2+ and doesn't pass thrutge rest of the PSU.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
I'm sure people run them on 180 but Strymon recommends 250mA on the Flint per the manual
You can't run them at 180mA, but that's the mA that the Flint actually needs to run properly. A pedal will only use the mA it needs to operate.

mowatsmith

Wow. Stupid revelation. Really stupid. I never once thought to use the courtesy outlet to power another stubborn pedal.

(smacks head a la "could have had a V8")

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
You can't run them at 180mA, but that's the mA that the Flint actually needs to run properly. A pedal will only use the mA it needs to operate.
Right I know you can't run it at exactly 180. It uses what it needs which may be closer to 180 but the manufacturer says 250 minimum so that's what I do.

augur

Yep I power a DMM and Effectrode Fire Bottle on outlet.
Just had to find the right adapter.

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Right I know you can't run it at exactly 180. It uses what it needs which may be closer to 180 but the manufacturer says 250 minimum so that's what I do.
That's interesting. Since you are using the wallwart, that's rated at 250mA. Yet, the Flint is only using 180mA off of the supplied wallwart rated at 250mA.

seibertdr

I made a plug using a junction box plugged into the PP+2. I use it to run my M9 and the lights on my board. Works really well. Never had any issues with M9 running it that way.

Trending Topics