1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Anyone used the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by FUSER, Jun 26, 2005.

1. FUSER

FUSER Member

These come in deluxe strats, I think.

Apart fromt eh noise reduction, how is the tone?

thanks

2. aquadog

aquadog Member

I don't know about the strat set, but if they're anything like the tele set, they're garbage. Those tele pickups are probably some of the worst pickups I've ever played- the stock pickups in a beater hondo tele copy i have are better sounding.

3. Cybercat

Cybercat Member

Sorry FUSER, have to say I must agree wholeheartedly with Aquadog:-

Garbage.

I have a one year-old Jeff Beck strat (incredibly nice neck) & I had to rip the pu'ps out the week I got it after just 2 gigs, & replace with the WCR (Wagner) "SR" set.

I'm not saying the Fender Noiseless really suck[/I[ or anything, just that you could prolly get better results with a pair of old walkman earphones stuffed into the p'up cavities...:rolleyes:

Avoid at all costs.

Now here's the JB Strat with the WCRs in it, purring happily...

[​IMG]

The Wagner SR set is available here: - http://www.crcoils.com

Good luck!

4. DrSax

DrSax Member

unfortunately, I still have the fender noiseless in my Deluxe. I'm saving some scratch to get Kinman's.

At bedroom levels, I find the Fender's are ok, but in a band setting they just are weak weak weak.

5. I like my Tex Mex pups much better

6. MusicGearGuys

MusicGearGuys Member

They dont have the tone of a chimmy sc, but I absolutly adore the Hot Noiseless Jeff Beck's.

Cybercat, I'll buy your from you Beck strat!

Gregory

7. ricoh

ricoh Member

Didn't work for me either!!!!

8. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009

I think the Vintage Noiseless pickups sound great in the Clapton Strats. I liked the Lace versions better but the Fender ones certainly don't suck.