Anyone used the Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups?

FUSER

These come in deluxe strats, I think.

Apart fromt eh noise reduction, how is the tone?

thanks

aquadog

I don't know about the strat set, but if they're anything like the tele set, they're garbage. Those tele pickups are probably some of the worst pickups I've ever played- the stock pickups in a beater hondo tele copy i have are better sounding.

Cybercat

Sorry FUSER, have to say I must agree wholeheartedly with Aquadog:-

Garbage.

I have a one year-old Jeff Beck strat (incredibly nice neck) & I had to rip the pu'ps out the week I got it after just 2 gigs, & replace with the WCR (Wagner) "SR" set.

I'm not saying the Fender Noiseless really suck[/I[ or anything, just that you could prolly get better results with a pair of old walkman earphones stuffed into the p'up cavities...:rolleyes:

Avoid at all costs.

Now here's the JB Strat with the WCRs in it, purring happily...

The Wagner SR set is available here: - http://www.crcoils.com

Good luck!

DrSax

unfortunately, I still have the fender noiseless in my Deluxe. I'm saving some scratch to get Kinman's.

At bedroom levels, I find the Fender's are ok, but in a band setting they just are weak weak weak.

MusicGearGuys

They dont have the tone of a chimmy sc, but I absolutly adore the Hot Noiseless Jeff Beck's.

Cybercat, I'll buy your from you Beck strat!

Gregory

sanhozay

klon free since 2009
Gold Supporting Member
I think the Vintage Noiseless pickups sound great in the Clapton Strats. I liked the Lace versions better but the Fender ones certainly don't suck.

Trending Topics