• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Anyone using a Blues Junior live???

I used one for years.... only mod was installing an Eminence Cannibis Rex. I was one of two lead guitarists & I never was playing snappy clean tones. Lots of light drive rhythm then leads. Took pedals great. I loved it because I could turn it up & get some mojo coming out of it without hurting others (like I used to do with my Hot Rod DeVille 410). Sound guys loved it because I could throw it in a corner, down by a riser, up on a bar stool, etc... and just mic it pretty easily, no matter where it sat. Traveling as a 5 piece, load out with a B.Jr was much nicer than my old HRD 410. I think they are great --- for what they are. As long as you don't have unreasonable expectations, they are great.

Dale

I used a 2000 greenbaord live for several years. It was several years ago now.

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
If you need more clean headroom why not go w/ a Hot Rod Deluxe or slave the Blues Jr. into Tech 21 Powered cab.

slyzspyz

used to use one for jazz (perfect size and volume IMO), also mic'd up for louder funk/rockier gigs. Sold it due to reliability issues (preamp tubes constantly dying, reverb springs breaking)
The Blues Junior cabinet may be a little small and boxy, whereas the Blues Deluxe is too big and boomy sometimes. The DRRI cabinet size is in the middle of these two and is just right for most applications

scottywompas

I've gigged with mine a lot.

I just did an outdoor backyard Halloween party with mine. It wasn't micd or anything. Just crank the drive and use the volume knob to vary the gain. I hit it with a clean boost for some solos.

It's a great little amp.

Scott

Trending Topics