Anyone using a OD820 with Sunface?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Unadan, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Unadan

Unadan Member

I'm still pretty knew to my sunface and am trying different pedals with it including a Maxon OD820. I've placed the Maxon after the fuzz in my chain but this does not sound good. I'm using the Maxon essentially as a fat boost. Sounds better before the sunface but then it seems to add to much high end/treble. Can anyone give me recommendations on whether its best to put the Maxon before or after the sunface and also any recommended settings for the 820 as a boost? Thanks.

2. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Are you looking to run them both together all the time or one at times and both at times??

3. Unadan

Unadan Member

I was thinking of running them together all the time.

4. HBob

HBob Member

I run a Menatone Blue Collar and a Lovepedal Les Luis (5e3 setting) into my Sunface and it sounds great. I keep the gain low on the Blue Collar. The Subdecay Liquid Sunshine also sounds good hitting the Sunface but it's a little more noisy. You just need to tweak those knobs around to find a sweat spot. Some pedals just won't stack right with the Sunface. The Pedalworx Texas Two Step (set up on its own to sound like the Blue Collar) hitting the Sunface sounds totally different. That combo sounds like a broken Maestro Fuzz.