Anyone using a Temple Board?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by afterosmosis, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Mr2D

Mr2D Member

I repurposed mine after getting sick of the plates & the paint flaking.

Bought a big sheet of Velcro, attached it with carpet glue & rivets, works really well, much better than before.

2. ellsworthman

ellsworthman Supporting Member

I have two
    Mine is sitting in the closet...I found the build quality to be meh, getting at those tiny screws on the module a PITA, and cleaning up the plates to be a nightmare. Went back to my Pedaltrain, not messing around with anything else again.

3. lilstryer

lilstryer Member

Exactly what I meant. I used dual lock on the plates to stick to the pedals.

yawiney likes this.
  4. lilstryer

lilstryer Member

Well, I originally stuck my pedals with the plates but I realized I tend to change my pedals in and out fairly frequently so using dual lock allowed me to move pedals around different boards!

5. Mr2D

Mr2D Member

I like how light it is and the dimensions (I don't like more than two rows of pedals, but wanted longer than a Pedaltrain offered), but I know what you mean. It's like an almost good enough idea that didn't quite com off.

ellsworthman likes this.
  6. BlackwaterPark4

BlackwaterPark4 Member

Hey guys so I was interested in Temple boards before reading this thread. I'm looking to get a new pedalboard, and was looking at pedaltrain, but I'm pretty positive that I need a 28" board and not 24". Anyone know if a good, not too expensive pedalboard maker for that size that is similar in looks to a pedaltrain? Want to hide my cables under the board and such and don't want just a flat one w/ no holes.

7. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Just Wanna Be Misunderstood Silver Supporting Member Vendor

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    You can order custom sizes from Temple directly.

8. yawiney

yawiney Member

My Templeboard's been going strong for a couple yrs now. Couple spots where the paint scratched off but i really like how many options there are for fastening pedals.

9. miroman86

miroman86 Member

Can't go wrong with a $35 TRIO 21 on Amazon! Lol, I just received mine!

I don't mind a bit of flex, and my power supply would probably go on top since the board is huge.. But yeah, I'd rather pay $35 for a board with extra real estate, than buy a DUO thats more expensive. Looking forward to getting my mounting plates :) the modules will have to wait as I am reading lots of bad things about them not working.

10. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

I just sold my Duo 17 to my younger brother, and ordered a custom Duo 21. I wanted something in between the 17 and 24 to accommodate just a bit more since I have a very large Cali76 TX-P taking up a ton of room. I really love these boards. I don't mind the paint chipping every now and then. The functionality of the board heavily outweighs something like that. Nothing really beats these for cable management. It's very easy to take a creative approach with layout and organization too.

11. taken

taken Member

How much extra was it? A Duo 21 would be perfect if it was offered in the standard line.

12. yawiney

yawiney Member

What? 35$? Thats an amazing deal. If that's still going on i might have to get an extra for a future next board or backup.

13. teleking36

teleking36 Supporting Member

No extra charge. The deal with custom sizes (less than or equal to their biggest production board) is that you pay for the size above the custom length you're requesting, and Temple just cuts it back to your custom length.

e.g. In order for me to get a 21" board, I basically had to buy a Duo 24. Then they just cut the Duo 24 down to 21" and voila! Seems super reasonable to me. Want a Duo 14? Buy a Duo 17 and they cut it down to 14".

yawiney and taken like this.
  14. The Opera Panther

The Opera Panther Supporting Member

I've had mine over a year now. No problems/issues to speak of. I've purchased a few extra mounting plates for other pedals I have so its easier to swap things in/out. This was a little while back, so there have been a couple changes, but you get the point.

[​IMG]

15. miroman86

miroman86 Member

Lol! Yup! I think 2 of us got to buy it at $35... I don't know if it was a mistake on the seller's part, but I don't really care lol... Left a review too: https://www.amazon.com/Temple-Audio...=1475010850&sr=1-1&keywords=temple+audio+trio

Apparently, they go for $99 now, sorry... Yesterday I looked and they still had it at $35...

yawiney likes this.
  16. PJPicker

PJPicker Member

I've been thinking about the Templeboard, enticed by the idea of no more velcro and the weight of the thing. But here's my biggest concern: I do like to switch things around, swap pedals out, etc, every now and again. How hard is that? Any input welcome.Thanks.

17. blues bird

blues bird Supporting Member

Had and sold it fast. Building quality was not so great and swapping pedals on a crowed board is just a PITA... I wanted so hard to love it but it just didn't work out for me...

18. PJPicker

PJPicker Member

That's a bummer to hear. The shapes are appealing and they look so clean. But I can certainly see how the system could be a PITA. I'm looking for compact board, though needs to hold wah and volume pedal. And was thinking of using a switcher system. Anyway, I guess it's Pedal Train. Thanks for the input.

19. MarcoR

MarcoR Silver Supporting Member

What's cheap are the screws they use but the top and sides are nice. What makes it difficult to switch pedals around is the crappy double sided sticky tape the use in the plates.

Use a good clear double sided tape and the plates are more solid with the tape much easier to remove.

This works well:

yawiney likes this.
  20. yawiney

yawiney Member

I have 2 vol pedals and 2 wahs and just keep 1 set on my templeboard. They screw right into to the screw holes in the pedals with washer and a little longer screw. Had them on for years of touring and hardly ever tighten them. More solid than any dual-lock or velcro but yes not as quick to change out. My swithcher is on with plates (a heavy duty American Loopers one) and has never moved a milimeter!
    I do see how for some it dosn't work out, but i change stuff out often and am able to do it. It's more work though especially on a tight fitting board.

PJPicker likes this.