Anyone using Behringer Pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Aj_rocker, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

Hey

Im looking to see if any one uses behringer pedals. I heard that they are a BOSS clone just in a plastic case with a proper bypass (unlike the dano pedals). Are they Rocking or Shocking? and why? Im buying their EQ pedal which is meant to be quieter than the BOSS and i think there smaller.

thanks

Aj

2. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Never tried one of them, but I too had heard their version of the Boss EQ pedal is quieter. I wrote a review (James Acker) on Harmony-Central user reviews on the Boss GE-7, which really generated (and I mean generated, this wasn't just a result of boosting or cutting frequencies...uncovering the "noise" freqs, this thing produced noise, and I tried several in the music store) unwanted noise. I ended up buying a mod for it, and am really happy with it since modding...enough that I bought another I am going to mod soon...but at the time I didn't know about the Behringer ones, and if I had to do it over, qould definitely try out the Behringer.

3. bluesmagoo

bluesmagoo Member

I use their VD1 Distortion and it's actually a very good pedal. I've also heard their phaser is pretty good also.

4. Jungleman

Jungleman Member

I've tried a few of them, and I currently use the flanger. It sounds nasty and aggressive, it's perfectly acceptable for what it is. I used to have some nice old Ibanez and Boss flangers, and I'm thinking of getting the FoxRox TZF one day, until that the Behringer is good enough.

The phaser is quite nice, nothing spectacular though.

5. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

have you tried the EQ ??

Aj

6. Jungleman

Jungleman Member

No, I haven't. Thinking of trying the Bass EQ, if it works like it should, probably will buy both EQs.

7. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

AJ,

At the price they go for, I would just pop for one. I mean, it's about the price of a set of strings or so isn't it? If you don't like it, you could use it as a door stop, or rob it of its' parts...actually if it IS less noisy than the GE-7, you could probably see if the chipset is the same size/class and it's be cheaper than buying the mod, just unsolder from the Behringer, solder in to the GE-7.

That's a thought I had on the Behringer line too, if someone wanted to experiment, get one of the OD's or fuzzes, and just start trying to swap out some values at certain circuit points, like the tone stack, or the feedback resistor, etc.?

8. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

i Have decided to put my money where my mouth is and go out and buy it. I found it really cheaply here in the UK. IF i dont like it theirs always ebay!
    i'll keep you posted on it and put some sort of reveiw on here about it.

thanks for the help guys

Aj

p.s. who does the sniper mod, i want there email to ask if it can be used on behringers?

9. entraind

entraind Supporting Member

10. dolly

dolly Member

Never tried or heard one but a few months back one of the uk guitar mags reveiwed these pedals,and basically said they were crap.

11. longgonedaddy

longgonedaddy Supporting Member

I have the OS-2 copy. It sounds just like the Boss model, with more available volume.

12. Jungleman

Jungleman Member

Guitarist, that was. Basically they said most pedals were acceptable, even excellent fot the pricing (just read the review yesterday). I've bought 7 or 8 Behringers and found most quite useful for home use.

13. dolly

dolly Member

:eek:sorry,memory starting to go.

14. 1964

1964 Member

If my memory serves me, they only really rated two of the pedals, the blues driver and the tremolo.

15. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

Hi
    its came today, but wont bypass. So its on and stays that way no matter how much i hit the switch its on. emailed the company for a new one. So i have played with it but not enough to give detail. I'll keep you lot updated. heres to hoping it works out in round two!

Aj

16. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

Hi
    The replacement came in the post today. and it works! short review now but i will add more as i decover more.

I was in two minds about an EQ pedal but i think im sorted now, this pedal sounds great and it has 1000 of different sounds which most sounds great. It can make a guitar sound thin (tele) or fat (LP) or even more natural like a accoustic with out the feedback problems. Also it could be used as a line driver. From the start theres little tonal suck which can be corrected by the faders, what i mean is because it buffered it steals some "warmth" from the signal, however the pedal even set with every at 0 sounds very natural and real. Feeling like it should do, and sounds great.
    I will say that it ampifies the noise already in your system than adding noise. this may sounds way around it but that what i heard, and that what i think about most pedals with buffers, (excluding Ehx)

Thats all i have to say

questions welcomed .....................

Aj

17. rockindillo

rockindillo Member

I have a TO800, which is their take on the Tube Screamer and it's very very good indeed.

Yes, it's made out of plastic and yes, the pots and sockets are fixed directly to the pcb, but the pedal itself sounds great. t's responsive enough to sit on top of your amp and leave switched in so you just ride the guitar volume, if you want (something I often do, as I hate having pedals underfoot)

I A/Bed it with an original TS9, my modded TS9 reissue and the TS808 circuit in my original UE 400 rack unit and incredibly this little green plastic box holds its own pretty well.

The tone control is a bit limited, but otherwise, it's very very close to the TS 9 - a tad better than an ordinary reissue, I would say.

Word seems to be getting out about these pedals now. Most retailers here seem to be asking £25 or thereabouts for them now, as opposed to the £15 I paid and which most of the rest of this series seem to go for!

Even so, it's cheap enough to buy, try and keep in your bag as a spare...

18. Franklin

Franklin Member

I have one on the way, the eq pedal that is. I am going to add it to my resophinc (also my back-up) pedalboard. For the reso, it may be a "leave on" pedal....

19. Franklin

Franklin Member

Well, I got to try out the eq pedal last night. I was amazed at how good it sounded compared to it's build quality.

A $100+ sounding eq pedal in a $1 box..... I'm afriad to even step on it. The sliders feel like they will snap right off..

20. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

i have stamped on mine, not that suggest that you do this, but they seem tough enough to withstand some pressure. As for the sliders yeh, they are weak but they should be ok for studio work or light gigging.

Aj