Anyone using Kemper plus EV ELX112P?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Gasp100, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

This might be my last shot at FRFR with a modeler. I feel like this would be a good match and the price is only slightly above my budget with all of these GC and MF sales going on. But, the KPA puts out some serious high end and I'm worried it might be too shrill going FRFR. Thoughts?

2. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

The ELX112P has one of the smoothest high frequency drivers of all of the <$1k powered speakers. I've owned a set and loved them. I did recently pickup an RCF ART 312A and Am quite taken back by how good it sounds especially at less than $400. And the 350watt rating on the RCF is very honest because the thing gets every bit as loud as the ELX11P... I was quite shocked at just how loud it is. It also has a smooth high end... I'm definitely looking to get another to make it a pair. No disappointment with the ELX112P though... it sounded great with my GSP1101 also.

3. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Could either handle backline at a medium sized gig (no FOH)? This would be my amp.

4. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

Oh dear... and then some. I accidently had my ELX set for Mic input rather than line input last year when playing a auditorium and hit a power chord to check vol... (noise gate was masking how loud it would be.) And the thing was pretty well full bore and was WAY louder than any single guitarist would ever need to be without running through the main PA. No problem keeping up with a 100watt JCM800. You'll run out of need for volume before you'll run out of volume.

Note the RCF ART 312A only has a single input and a Volume control. The ELX has two inputs each with level controls and a master level control... Along with a HPF for use with a sub and a Smiley Face EQ option.