Anyone Using KMI Softstep with 11R?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by c94123, Feb 11, 2012.

1. c94123

c94123 Supporting Member

Looking to add a foot controller for my 11R. Originally I thought I could get by with just a few preset buttons and a few IA buttons. Probably still can but given the pricing on this thing and what looks like an amazing array of functionality, small size and weight - this thing is very intriguing. I like the idea of being able to use the pads like an expression pedal to increase/decrease gain levels, mix of effects, delay times, etc. Seems crazy flexible. Wondering if anyone is using one with an 11R and what they think of it. Thanks.

Done my search here and this item hasn't had a whole lot of discussion. Bang for your buck ratio seems pretty high on this one.

2. DougDoppler

DougDoppler Member

Hey C:

I have one of those units here for a review that I did. As I recall I was using it to control Pro Tools for hands free operation. That is a MONSTER unit, that quite frankly offered way more capacity than my MIDI skills can dish. BUT, the ability to have SO many controllers and what not was KILLER. This thing is WAY over the top and they have some outrageous demos on their site - in particular the one using LIVE...

Cheers ~ Doug...

Review: http://mmusicmag.com/m/2011/07/keith-mcmillen-softstep/

3. c94123

c94123 Supporting Member

Doug - thanks very much for the info. Seems like it is crazy over the top and for the price not sure why it doesn't seem more popular.