• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anyone using Line6 AMPLIFi live?

Jdstrat

When it craps out don't say I didn't warn you.:)
If it does, I'll do what I always do. Get online, come to TGP, and find out if anyone has any experience with it. Faulty footswitches? Been there, done that. Read about it, fixed it, went back to playing. Learned a thing or two about footswitches. When my HD500 was stolen, I upgraded to the HD500x.

There's nothing to be gained from constant heckling. If you have something constructive to add from all your experiences fixing things, awesome. Bring it in a constructive way.

"It is not the critic who counts..."

--Teddy Roosevelt

Lain

Yeah, my love for guitar music and my distaste for a certain company are in a constant fight. :fisticuffs

(or winter is so bloody boring)

:drink

Jdstrat

Stop heckling the heckler. :huh
Hey, Statler. Waldorf has just arrived.
Statler_and_Waldorf.jpg

Evo5150

When it craps out don't say I didn't warn you.:)

I've owned many Line 6 products over the last 12+ years, and never had a problem.

I've found that no matter what brand you're talking about, you can always find someone shouting loudly on the Internet how it breaks down a lot, because they work on them.

No offense, but it's just not a very fruitful conversation to be had, between anonymous sources on the Internet.

rsm

My new AMPLIFi FX100 was delivered today, as was the info on the new Firehawk FX - figures. lol

Well I upgraded the firmware and got it working with my Android phone, hooked it up to my FRFR and listened to a few presets most were good as is, then I played a few songs in my phone music lib and it found a few match tones in the cloud, some of which were ok, though I did find a nice jangle and chime clean called Shakin' from Line6 ( I was using one of my Ric 330 guitars so that helped).

Then I sat back on the sofa with my phone and guitar and tweaked comfortably. The app is so easy to use it makes tweaking simple and fun (e.g., vs. my G-System even with the computer interface lol)

I did not play at gig volumes or with others, but this is working well for me so far.

The Firehawk has more models, foot controls, editing parameters and connection options from what I can tell. Good news is if the FX100 is too limiting, I have another option with the Firehawk FX!

I dig it, wish I got this sooner!

I hear no digital artifacts at all. Most of the factory presets are decent / good (so far) and can be easily tweaked to be usable IMO.

Keeper. If all goes as well as the first few hours with the FX100, I see a major gear purge in my future :)

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom