Anyone using New Vintage Amps or Risen amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wesc, Mar 1, 2012.

1. wesc

wesc Member

My producer showed some tracks that he used an hb50 on for a band called The People Say Fox and they sounded amazing. A friend of mine also let us borrow his risen 5r3 junior for our record, and it sounded just as good and better than many of the 4 Divided by 13s they had at the studio.

http://www.newvintageamps.com/
    http://www.risenamps.com/apps/webstore/

I hadn't heard of either of these until a month ago, so does anyone have one?

2. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

I have a New Vintage Rogue 45. I'm thinking about having them make me a custom amp.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. UrbanHymns

UrbanHymns Supporting Member

Just ran into the guys from New Vintage Amps - they were letting the singer from NEEDTOBREATHE try out a few of their amps before their Minneapolis show tonight. Stellar dudes with awesome amps. Hoping to pick one up soon! I really need something else besides my Blues Jr.

4. jerrymc1966

jerrymc1966 Supporting Member

I have a New-Vintage Rogue and it does a killer JMP (a good one) with a bit more gain and usable eq. Great amp!

5. wesc

wesc Member

I am really wanting to hear one of these in person. New Vintage sent one to the studio I just recorded at (Covenant Recording in KCMO) and my producer showed me the stuff they recorded with it and it was amazing. He used the same cab/mic placement setup as our stuff, but the NV sounded so good. We used a few D13 amps and a Risen, which sounded great, but they weren't quite on par with the New Vintage. Then again, the band that used it played heavier music than our stuff. They just had the amp to try out, so it wasn't there anymore for us to use when we were there :( I think it was an HMB 50. I played drums on the record, but if I ever tour in a band playing guitar, I am definitely going to hit up New Vintage for an amp.

6. thepeoplesayfox

thepeoplesayfox Member

The amp we used to record was my custom-built H&B25. The clean channel was modeled after a blackface Fender, and the OD after an AC30. Each had tweaks and changes done and sound unlike either of those two amp styles. I sent Nic (owner of NV) sound samples, talked with him extensively over what tones I wanted to achieve, and he knew exactly what I wanted. Our singer just picked up an H&B50 that sounds entirely different than mine. Nic will work with anyone on getting them the tone they really want. We will be posting a new song off of the record we recorded with the New Vintage H&B25 in the next week on our facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/ThePeopleSayFox

I own a 212 H&B25 combo, 212 cabinet, our singer plays a 212 H&B50 combo that has a fully enclosed speaker cabinet instead of the open-air style where the chassis and speakers are in the same enclosure; this eliminates any sort of tube rattle the speakers may cause. First of its kind from NV! I'm also looking into a low-wattage (1-5 watt) head. Nic and co. do it all!