• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anyone using the Holystain mostly for it's tremelo?

steelyfan

I've got the Holystain, it's reverb is really nice, but it's too bad they felt the need to include the verb with the tremelo setting. Anybody using the Holystain mostly for it's tremelo, as in a set and leave it type of thing?

If so, does the verb stand out too much for you when you engage the pedal going from a non reverb sound to the stain?

I'm really wanting to use the HS, never really bonded with the fuzz sounds, but I do need a tremelo......and well I already have the pedal.:D

Steelyfan

wildschwein

Man the trem is really weak on that pedal. After the pitch shifter it is the most redundant sound. Although both settings can potentially used in a recording situation. I much prefer the sound of The Dano Cool Cat Trem; even the very cheap Behringer Trem pedal is far better sounding than the Holy Stain's. I love the reverbs in the Stain though. The pedal is worth buying just for the verb.

steelyfan

Ah, that's too bad. Yes, the reverb is a really good one. Maybe I'll just use mine for that. I haven;t played with the tremelo much on it, but was hoping it would suffice......but I don't like poor sounds. I'll give it a go when I get home today, judge for myself. Hell, could sound interesting with the pedal in the right line of the pedal chain.

I noticed that Andy doesn't spend much time with it on the PGS demo, unusually a small amount of time actually considering it IS one of it's 4 features. :D

Really dig the Empress Tremelo demo, seems to be a buy once move on pedal. I don't actually use tremelo THAT much, but that pedal demo gave me songcrafting ideas. I do like the sound of tremelo though, especially for that dreamy type of western movie soundtrack stuff.

woodie

Silver Supporting Member
that pedal is fun to mess with at home, but it really doesn't work at all for me in a band.

wildschwein

The pedals' strength is recording or for making a little practice amp sound huge when playing in the lounge. But if you don't want to lug your whole pedal board around the Stain is a good grab and go box for small jams and rehearsals.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom