• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone using the iPad/Surface 3 for recording?

dmhi11

Silver Supporting Member
Looking at the iPad Air 2 or the Surface 3. Surface 3 seems like a better deal considering I'll get more storage space for the money--well without the keyboard and pen which I intend on purchasing.

It's like this:
- iPad Air 2 32 GB $599
- Surface 3 64 GB $499 + $100 for the keyboard.

I'm iffy on being able to do sketchbook recordings with the atom processor in the Surface 3. Just curious if anyone else is using either the iPad or Surface 3 for scratch tracks and things like that.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
You might post this in the recording forum and get more feedback.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
No worries, just thought you might get more advice.

Good luck.

Jim Soloway

I liked the surface but there wasn't any software or peripheral support for recording (unless I went the Pro). That may have changed in the last year but the iPad is a much more mature platform with deep add-on and software support.

Trending Topics