Anyone using the Korg DT-10 tuner?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gitpicker, Dec 23, 2005.

1. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

I have read too many people complaining about the cheap jacks on the Peterson Strobostomp to justify dropping almost $200 on it. The Korg DT-10 looks like it might be a worthy alternative.

Questions:

> Does it suck tone?
    > Is it accurate?

I have owned several $20 Korg tuners and have been very satisfied with them, but I want one on my pedalboard.

2. Aahzz

Aahzz Member

I dig mine - accurate and easy to read. No tone suckage here.

3. The Gainster

The Gainster Member

+1

Live...it's the cat's meow!!!

4. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

I too will probably buy one of these. Is it a lot better then the boss TU-2. I'm starting to hate my Boss.

5. gururyan

gururyan Member

I've had one since they came out, I absolutely love it...favorite pedal.

6. BrianB

BrianB Member

I've been using the DT-10 for a very long time now. Very durable, doesn't suck tone, grabs notes quick and tunes very accurately :AOK

7. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Had the DT-10 for 18 months. Never a problem and easy to read on stage with it's large LED. No tone sucking, and the jacks seem to work just fine!

8. murkat

murkat I like sea otters Silver Supporting Member

traded my boss unit in for the Korg, havent looked back since. Very good floor tuner. :BEER

9. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Compared to the TU-2, it's an insanely awesome tuner. You ask if it's accurate, well, the strobostomp is 10X more accurate. The Korg is 3X more accurate than the TU-2. Pretty transparent as well, though the strobostomp IS true bypass, can't get more transparent than that.

Bottom Line, if you don't need to intonate your own guitars and are not spoiled already by a strobostomp (though that's not a bad thing!), the korg is a good tuner, especially for the price. Why anyone would buy a TU-2 instead is beyond me

10. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

I've gone the way of the Strobo, and there's no turning back, but my last tuner was the DT 10, and my girlfiend got me the coolest one I've ever seen.
    [​IMG]
    While I don't use it, I can't see getting rid of it. It's too cool looking (c'mon, blue LED's!!!), and she'd kill me if I tried!

11. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

That's a limited run. Costs as much as a Strobostomp.

Cheers,

Johan.

12. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

It WAS a limited run, but it only cost her $89. Wish I got another. I scoured the net after she gave it to me. I even called Korg and MF to try and see if tthere was anywhere I could get another.

13. Charles#5

Charles#5 Member

A German dealer still has some and asks 199 euros for one, that's about the same as a Strobostomp over here. Could be they were the same price as a regular model when they first came out and this dealer is trying to cash in on the limited edition thing.
    BTW, I have a Strobostomp that I've had zero trouble with. The jacks do seem rather flimsy, but it's 2nd on my board and always plugged in, so I guess I should be okay.

Cheers,

Johan.

14. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

Cool. Korg told me it was a limited run for Musician's Friend, and that once they were gone, they were gone. $200 is too steep for me, Especially since I have enough redundancy in the tuner area already. It is a great looking piece, though.

15. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

I've had mine for around six months or so and I can't complain. Prior to that I was using a Boss TU-2 and by comparison the Korg is much faster and easier to use.

For $90 to $100 bucks is a very sound investment--and it makes my guitar sound waaaayyy better than any F/X pedal ever will.:)

16. RUSHFANnLV

RUSHFANnLV Member

I ordered one last week. Should be here by the end of this week.

17. beNsteR

beNsteR Member

HOLY COW!!! is that Brazilian Rosewood??? That's gotta sound wayyy more awesomer than the normal one!!! :dude heheheh..