anyone using the LR Baggs Venue DI?

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by papersun, Feb 28, 2015.

1. papersun

papersun Member

Seems the appropriate forum for this question. I'm looking at the LR Baggs Venue as a one-box solution for a tuner, EQ, boost, AND DI (maybe the only thing I could gripe about it lacking is a compressor) . . . is it good? Noisy? Seems pretty efficient with power. Is the tuner reliable?

Or is there anything similar out there that I should be aware of? This is new territory for me.

2. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

The Fishman Matrix DI has a few more features. Algorithms to simulate studio mic tones and a comp. No boost. Fx loop for reverb.

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

fishman has a new box that's pretty much a venue killer; smaller, all the same features (boost, tuner, loop) and a compressor. it also looks really classy. (the venue is still a great box though, just kinda big and funny-looking.)

it doesn't have any of the aura simulation stuff, that's a different box.

it has struck me in recent years how baggs has pushed in the direction of amazing new actual pickups (anthem, lyric, M-80) while fishman uses the same ol' matrix saddle pickup but has created amazing new electronics, like the home run soloamp (the "fishstick"), the loudbox stuff (really the best regular acoustic amps i've heard so far), that whole aura digital modeling thing.

4. jsboswell

jsboswell Supporting Member

I have a more involved acoustic pedalboard based around a Lehle Acouswitch preamp/switcher, but when I just want a minimal grab-and-go solution I reach for my Venue DI. It works well, is easy to dial in, sounds great. No experience with this new Fishman several have referenced, but I would have no hesitation buying the Venue again.

5. harry65

harry65 Member

The venue is great , tuner sucks though , I use a snark , prob solved, the boost function is great