Anyone want to show some love for the little big muff?

allanh91

I've just been messing around with my LBM for a couple of hours, and I honestly think that for £40 it is one of the most awesome purchases i have ever made.

Anyone else using one in their rig? What type of sounds do you use yours for?

D.G.

I had one on on board but I sold it when I bought a Skreddy Mayo. I have a Big Muff NYC if I need that particular Muff tone again. The LBM and the NYC are so close as to be practically indistinguishable. I kept the big box NYC mainly because it reminds me of the first Big Muff I owned and eventually modded to death :D

Big fan of the Little Big Muff. I've just started up a guitar gear video review site and my first review was on LBM! It has a smaller footprint and tone is very similar to it's bigger brother... and you're right you can't beat the price. You can check out my review here if you're interested: http://www.thesoundchecksessions.com

nastynate

Love it. I currently have a new Swollen Pickle on my board, but I am thinking of going back to it for the simplicity and great sounds.

allanh91

Airbag7 - are you a fan of the band airbag? or is your name an ode to the song?

I love the bass heavy sludge it gives me. i use my triangle clone much more now, as I need a quieter and more clear distortion. I still use it for the fuzz moments though.

Does great riffs and drop D chord work (not metal).

dancehall

There's always a slightly better Muff out there, so I'm not surprised that most of TGP doesn't use the LBM. I myself replaced it with a Barber Trifecta. But the LBM is definitely a good pedal, and the price is right.

allanh91

I agree dancehall. There's definately another muff pedal that suits peoples tastes more directly, obviously in your case the trifecta, I myself have a byoc beaver, soon i'm adding a stomp under foot.

I think the LBM is a great starting point. in my opinion it sounded much better and is better ergonomically designed than its modern big bro.

Fifthstone

The LBM does a certain type of Muff tone very well. I never gigged mine because the scooped mids made it difficult to cut through in the classic rock band context. It's quiet, it's cheap, and it is a Muff. It's just not my cup of tea.

Top Bottom