Anyone watch Sons of Anarchy and just hate it ??

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by rockinrobby, Dec 31, 2016.

1. ontariomaximus

ontariomaximus Member

You mean when Ragnar was getting busy with Lagertha and offered Athelstan (a monk) to join in? I think that was more of a way to get the historical idea across that Vikings were quite a bit more loose about sex. (Maybe they were correct)

84superchamp likes this.
  2. 0010 0001 0011 1111 1110

0010 0001 0011 1111 1110 Member

Just trying to save you some time, sorry.:( Will edit.

3. rockinrobby

rockinrobby Senior member Professional musician ... Gold Supporting Member

No worries mate, I'm never gonna watch it again, it's just to juvenile and predictable …

4. In Absentia

In Absentia Supporting Member

Never my thing. I don't like motorcycles or biker culture, so it never appealed to me. Many people like it, and that's cool.

fretless and sixty2strat like this.
  5. Slackerprince

Slackerprince Member

I'm an aging suburban dad and I could tell they were fake bikers. Yes, I know it's a TV show...
    I made it through a few episodes, but the shootout they had, where nobody got shot, was ridiculous.
    Just couldn't buy them as a biker gang, although, Bobby Munson and Opie characters were close.

S

6. 84superchamp

84superchamp Silver Supporting Member

It would have been nice to have a SOA meets The Wild One during the series. Suspension of belief was regular anyway.:D
    I must admit their details on the bikes were pretty accurate and may have affected the after-market business a little..those small fairings were much more common after SOA.

In Absentia likes this.
  7. benagain

benagain Member

Thought it had its moments and I understand how some people could enjoy it. Katy Sagal is beyond talented, so I enjoy checking out her stuff. The cameos from all the rock stars seemed pretty odd and it was a pretty depressing show from start to end. Wouldn't watch again...same as Breaking Bad.

8. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

I watched Sons through the Ireland baby kidnapping season, and realized that nobody on the show was the good guy, so I stopped cold and never looked back. Tried "Vikings" too but didnt like it and dropped out early on........

9. Steve Hotra

Steve Hotra Silver Supporting Member

I enjoyed the Music way more than I did the actual series.
    Some amazing new discoveries of artists that I never knew about.

Matt Jones likes this.
  10. Motterpaul

Motterpaul Tone is in the Ears

If you followed the storyline SOA was not that bad - there was an arch to the plot that made sense and helped to define the characters. BUT, by the third season it was more violent and about as comical as a Roadrunner cartoon. People died like cucarachas and the local police never even batted an eye?

11. teledude55

teledude55 Supporting Member

the believability of what those clowns do from day to day is laughable...Meth is mostly the main cash source for Biker Gangs....
    Those Anarchy guys somehow kill dozens of people regularly and still manage to stay out of prison... but whatever, it's macho fantasy biker show...

I was on a Redditt thread run by a real 1% where he answered questions about real biker gang life, he thought SOA was a joke but his crew still liked to watch it.

fretless likes this.
  12. marktweedy

marktweedy In Transit®

I was the same way. In fact I felt a bit thick in that it took me a couple seasons to realise that it really was Quincy with motorcycles: Jax was Quincy and in every episode he followed his own hunches, against the grain and the wisdom of the others, but in the end he was proved right. Sometimes it took more than one episode, but that was basically it.

13. Mark 63

Mark 63 Silver Supporting Member

After the SOAs burned that guy's back tattoo I was done.

marktweedy likes this.
  14. derekd

derekd Member

I watched most of the first season, and part of the second when it first aired. Bailed.

I thought it was a pretty good vehicle for Katey, but that's about it. I really like Ron Perlman, but thought he was out of his league trying to carry the show. Charlie's character was too over the top for me, as was the violence.

I lost interest pretty quicly because of much already mentioned.

15. Seth L

Seth L Member

I gave it a try, but it didn't work for me.

16. Sidmore

Sidmore no talent hack Silver Supporting Member

I watched the first 3-4 episodes, just could't get into it.

17. dohmar

dohmar Member

I watched the whole thing as it came out. It started off interesting, peaked either season 2 or 4 and as mentioned, the last two seasons sucked. The show just got more and more violent and I really didn't like that. I don't mind violence to a degree but SOA took it over the top at times. They were a pretty unsympathetic bunch, and while I did enjoy watching it early on, I wouldn't waste my time watching it twice.

-D

18. milli vanilli

milli vanilli Member

I liked it. Chips patrol and Dallas are no longer on, so i was kinda stuck...

19. vegarman

vegarman Silver Supporting Member

dog the bounty hunter meets duck dynasty meets the little rascals on motorcycles. most tv is unwatchable to me, but I watch, go figure?

20. Staggerlee

Staggerlee Member

I wasn't crazy about it, but one day I found out that one of their primary advisors on the show (a biker himself) was friends with a friend of mine on Facebook and this guy kept posting some really racist things about The President. I haven't cared to watch it since.