Anyone who can build a GGG box

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MikeMcK, Apr 12, 2008.

1. MikeMcK

MikeMcK Member

Anyone in the US? I know one TGPer does them up in Canada, but the one he built me disappeared in th USPS system.

I want to try one more to find someone who would build the GGG Phase 100 clone.

Thanks

2. Ed G.

Ed G. Senior Member

Dude, give it a shot yourself!
    It's not that hard, and once you do it you'll be addicted. Probably sell off a bunch of your boutique stuff and replace it with your own.
    JD's layouts make it pretty fool-proof.

3. guitbeef

guitbeef Member

I'll second that, give it a try, especially if you have any experience with a soldering iron. I'm starting to get in really deep, but for me a lot of it is about the personal challenge because for most of my life I was the guy who couldn't resolder a guitar cable or change pickups in my guitar. I've recently gotten into building circuits from schematic to perfboard, but I've done GGG and BYOC boards with great success.
    Having said all that, schedule-permitting I could possibly help you out.

4. the recluse

the recluse Member

It's an addictive habit to pick up, but it's worth giving a shot. If you still want someone to build you a GGG pedal, I can do that for you. PM me.

5. bduguay

bduguay Member

I've built GGG Phase 100's for two forum members. Unfortunately the second has yet to arrive to the owner:mad:
    B.

6. MikeMcK

MikeMcK Member

Ahh, that would be me. BTW, I've seen some of your work on the website (http://axeandyoushallreceive.com/Brian.htm) and it made me really wish I got the box. That's some well-done work.

For anyone who's wondering, I had it sent to me at work since I travel a lot on business. For all I know it might have gotten all the way to my office without my knowing it.

I wish I had the time to do it myself. I used to know my way around an iron. Thanks for all the responses.