• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Anyone with experience on the Barber CDD AND DD Dual Chanel??

JinX78

posted this in another thread but it deserves its own:

So I'm more than a little curious about this one. I have and love the compact DD and wondering if I should "upgrade". I think it would be much more convenient to have the low/med gain channels foot switchable, instead of bending down everytime I wanna switch. Also, the mids knob must really open up the amount of sounds you can get. Not to mention the trims inside. Everyone seems to like this one better.

Does it sound THAT much different or is just the features that you like better?

People seem to love both and some even claim the DD DC sounds "better", but there's not a lot of info on how they differ in sound. Also, I couldn't find any videos on the DD DC. I'm wondering if there's not only an improvement in features, but also maybe a perceived improvement in DA TONEZ!

ndtealmusic

I think the internal trim settings are where you're gonna get the most variation in tonality between the two (the CDD having none). If you like the CDD enough, but are hankering for easy switching from the LG to HG side of things, it may be worth the upgrade.

JinX78

Hey thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to just get my hands on one. Even if they sounded exactly the same I think it might be worth the upgrade for easy switching and the mids knob. I'm just wondering if they sound a little different in the voicing. I somehow remember when the CDD came out that it was said that it was voiced slightly different than the original DD's in the mids or something. I wonder if the DD DC is any more or less "British" as well. That's one thing I like about the CDD is the ability to get that British flavor.

Anyone out there with the DD DC please chime in! This would be good info for anyone wondering about the next generation of the mighty DD line.

Trending Topics