Anyone??

lumco

Most of the roads I travel are muddy
Platinum Supporting Member
Has anyone been approached by a Small Builder and asked if they could build you a guitar? instead of the other way around. It happened to me recently and I am wondering if it is a sign of the times. I assume its a good marketing strategy but in my experience I always had to approach the builder first..Just curious..I thought it was kinda cool, in a humble way.

Crash-VR

Silver Supporting Member
Isn't that what Paul Reed Smith did to Santana? I would take it as a compliment.

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Did you express interest in a certain type of guitar on a forum or something? Surely there was a reason the guy contacted you and it wasn't a cold call.

TresGatos

Are you a "known quantity" in your market?

I did this with the hottest guitarist in my area and got a lot of visibility not to mention some useful tips.
This guy has a boatload of Fender CS and vintage Gibsons and is known and respected for his guit-knowledge. Maybe the builder sees this in you?
Since my guitars have an identifiable headstock even by the end of the first show people were asking who built the guitar and where it was from.

Pure Gold. Sometimes......

p.s. I built the guitar then lent it to him, I did not give or pay anything for this priviledge. As it was a relic, it came back with more mojo than it left with. :)

lumco

Most of the roads I travel are muddy
Platinum Supporting Member
Not a "known quantity" or in the Carlos Santana category by no means..I like many of my fellow TGP members like quality, playable gear. I pretty much only play Tele style guitars allthough I don't own a Fender Tele. Just wondered if it has happened to any other "common folks">>I felt it was respectful, dignified, unexpected and humbling..nothing more, or maybe it was an accident..

Trending Topics