Anything beat a DD20 for the price they are going for?

wundergussy

Silver Supporting Member
Need a digital delay; I have the space for a DD20 which seems to be resting at $140 or so. I don't care about a ton of Presets or parameters. Just some options for digital delays and tap. Is there anything that beats it for less than $200?

Bought a echolution 2 for $150 3 weeks ago. I liked it so much, I bought the echolution 2 deluxe for $196 yesterday.

It kills the dd20. By the way there is no difference in sound and capabilities from the Basic, deluxe, filter pro and deluxe filter pro.

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
I prefer the TC Nova over the DD20 all day long for the price point but that's just me

Michael_V

If you don't need presets, maybe just get an Echo Park or DD-7 for half that price? Unless you need some of the weirder sounds on the DD-20....

Brian Gilmour

Nova Delay replaced my DD-20 6-7 years ago and it's been on my board ever since. $170 new while they last. In all fairness the DD-20 is really nice but just not as the Nova.

coltonius

Señor Member
Do the new Nova Delays have the improvements of the iB Modified version? I seem to remember them being improved somehow, but it's been awhile.

Brian Gilmour

Do the new Nova Delays have the improvements of the iB Modified version? I seem to remember them being improved somehow, but it's been awhile.
Yes they do. The buffer in it is outstanding. Very noticeable last in the chain for sure. I originally had a older version but got the newer one about 3-4 years ago and it was a remarkable difference.

Road King

Silver Supporting Member
I picked up the Flashback 4x for the second time last week. I've recently become pretty fired up on the toneprints. I've owned two or three DD20s and could never bond with them.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
If you can find a Vox Delaylab, they'll do anything and cost maybe $150 now?

the tourist

$140 used seems kinda high to me. I've seen some go for $110. I actually sold one that I got in a trade for even less a month ago.

Steven

I had the DD20 for ages. I only sold it cous I needed a delay with MIDI program change. The DD20 is a super delay.

aman74

Silver Supporting Member
Bought a echolution 2 for $150 3 weeks ago. I liked it so much, I bought the echolution 2 deluxe for $196 yesterday.

It kills the dd20. By the way there is no difference in sound and capabilities from the Basic, deluxe, filter pro and deluxe filter pro.
Where are you getting those prices?

Thanks

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I was considering one, but I just picked up a DD7 with a mini tap tempo for $120 off of reverb. I read the DD7 sounds better, and the real estate was a definite factor.

downburst82

Digitech Timebender > Boss dd-20

I found the sound/features/usability to be better (to me). Only thing that might be a downside for some is its 9vac...which isn't an issue for me since I have my MXR CAE403 which powers it perfectly. They used to go for about the same price used as the dd-20 seems they might trend a little higher now though.

If you can find a used TC Nova Repeater, I would suggest that one even over the Nova Delay, unless you need presets.

But yeah, big fan of the TC delay engines here.

danbond

Hazarai?

The digital delays are really cool, but the reverb is by far the best feature for dialling in ambience. It won't do "tape" or "analogue" but it kind of does it's own thing.

Trending Topics