Anything I need to Know? Speaker Swap PRRI

vashondan

Gold Supporting Member
Not too long ago I swapped out the speaker in my AC15C!. Pretty straight forward even for me. Next week I'll be swapping the stock speaker in my PRRI with a Celestion Gold. Any quirks I should know about? In a thread somewhere I remember someone suggesting that the number of holes for mounting was different than the stock pickup and created some kind of issue but I can't find the thread.

What do I need to know?

Thanks

silver surfer

Not too long ago I swapped out the speaker in my AC15C!. Pretty straight forward even for me. Next week I'll be swapping the stock speaker in my PRRI with a Celestion Gold. Any quirks I should know about? In a thread somewhere I remember someone suggesting that the number of holes for mounting was different than the stock pickup and created some kind of issue but I can't find the thread.

What do I need to know?

Thanks

One thing is if the Gold is new. Some like it right out of the box. Many, including myself, don't. It takes a long time to break in, but greatly improves after it does. It's a great speaker for sure. My first impression was that it had a fizzy high end - brittle, but that turned into a beautiful chime. Sounds awesome with a PR.

southy

What do I need to know?

Thanks
Most Celestions have only 4 mounting holes, but I believe the Gold 10" has 8. Your PRRI only uses 4 so you'll be fine either way. Agree with the comment about giving it some time to break in... absolutely great speaker in a Princeton once it smooths out.

Bob Arbogast

Gold Supporting Member
You may want to remove the reverb tank/bag before installing the speakers. You want maximum maneuverability so you don't put one of the mounting screws through the speaker cone!

vashondan

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks. At least the holes are both even numbers ;) Can't picture what what you're saying about the reverb but I'm sure it will be clear once i'm in there.

I'll be patient with the breaking in. Still, hoping I like it out of the box!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom