Anything like the BJFe Baby Blue?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Yr Blues, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

Touch sensitive, amp-like overdrive for an old-timey sound. Too bad he doesn't make them anymore.

2. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

I am very interested in an answer to this as well.

3. hawes

hawes Member

sorry...just reread you question...ignore me.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. Blues Lyne

Blues Lyne Member

I haven't found anything quite like it. It has this ability to be warm and fat, yet clear and not muffled. When the prices went sky high, I was thinking of selling mine, but just couldn't find anything else that stood up to it. By the way, I was using it as a fat, singing lead tone. (I know others love it in its low gain range, which is also very nice)

Having said that, it was replaced on my board with a Kingsley Jouster. I started running my amp hotter and the BBOD didn't like that as much. It's not exactly the same, but I'm totally satisfied with the Jouster; touch sensitive, amplike, dynamic, warm, punchy, clear, etc.

5. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

That's a beast of a pedal, the Jouster. I might just wait for the single-side KoT.

6. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

How does the Mad Professor Sky Blue compare?

7. cajone5

cajone5 Some guy Silver Supporting Member

Totally different animals -- the SBOD is the Mad Professor version of the BJFe Aquamarine Wonder Machine (AMWM) -- more modern and not really fuzzy at all in comparison to the BBOD

8. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

Why doesn't MP make a PCB version of the SBOD? $338 is just way more than I would ever pay for a dirt box.

9. cajone5

cajone5 Some guy Silver Supporting Member

It may be in the works -- they seem to be slowly but surely re-engineering all the standard production pedals for the PCB line -- I'd guess it will happen eventually.

10. Wesman61

Wesman61 Supporting Member

11. gpro34

gpro34 Member

Actually the Sky Blue is quite fuzzy in character. I have had one for about a year now. I never tried the Baby Blue, but the Sky Blue is very touch sensitive, and that fuzzy character makes this a great lead pedal.