anything out there other than a pog?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by omaht56, Feb 3, 2012.

1. omaht56

omaht56 Member

im looking to get a pog but i was wondering everyones opinions on all of the models or if there is something better than them for that organ like effect.

2. turnstylepoet

turnstylepoet Member

I hear the tracking on the Micro POG is incredible. The new EQD Organizer could be interesting as well.

3. tdk8709

tdk8709 Senior Member

TRex Octavius might be close, but I've never tried it. Love my Micro POG.

4. 78deluxe

78deluxe Member

The POG2 is "it" for organ sounds. The Micro Pog is great if you only need dry, +1 up and +1 down (the HOG also an option, but huge...as well as the POG1)

EQD Organizer is one to look out for....but the only quick review I saw made it sound less than perfect.

5. Lonestar Boogie

Lonestar Boogie Member

I have and love the POG2. Heavy guitar + organ sounds = amazing

6. AXXA

AXXA Supporting Member

The Octavius is the only other pedal I've seen that appears to be similar in function/features. I love my Micro POG as well, I don't really think it can being improved upon much. The T-Rex is probably fine, I've never tried it though.

I think the POG2 is generally more well known for the organ sound thing. The Micro POG can do it though, I just add modulation and it can get some cool sounds. And the tracking is flawless.

7. más_fuerte

más_fuerte Supporting Member

The Micro POG is great, but the detune function on the POG1+2 really make that organ effect shine. You could add a little modulation to a Micro POG like AXXA said - that should get you pretty close.

8. omaht56

omaht56 Member

yeah ive been going back and forth with micro and the pog 2 and ive pretty much come to the same conclusion as everyone has said. Ive tried both and the tracking on the micro is great and the size is a plus but the pog 2 seems to be better at the organ noises but the size can be an issue but im ridding myself of the dl4 because all i use it for is a looper and replacing it with a dmc 3 for the timeline so im looking at more space as of now so im leaning towards the pog 2
    Thanks for your help everyone