Anything out there that will adjust signal levels for pedals in loop

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by MartinC, May 12, 2008.

1. MartinC

MartinC Member

So, If you have an effects loop that's designed for line level effects units, and a delay pedal that is designed for instrument levels, is there anything available that can adjust the effects send level down to instrument level prior to going into the delay pedal, then back up to line level after the pedal, before going into the effects return. If yes, how do they perform? Any tone loss?

2. Hiwatt Bob

Hiwatt Bob Member

Boss LS-2.

Works/sounds great. I feed my tape echoes through mine. I have to boost my echorec a bit and my echoplex just a touch.

3. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

Will this doo dad take a line level loop down to instrument level for wet effects and then back up to line level without a loss in signal?

I have a line level loop in a new amp. It does have send and return level controls, but it will still easily overdrive an instrument level pedal...so much so that I have to turn the send levels way down, and that ends up removing a good deal of the effect, which is counterproductive. Also, this loop, when run wide open adds alot of gain and I am trying not to lose that as it is a really nice side effect.

Mike

4. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I bought one once (never have used it though) that is pretty nifty. Nobels SPX-31 I think it was called.

Has several adjustments for attenuation and make up gain.
    You plug the loop into the nobels, cut the signal on input, run out to pedals, back in (if I remember you can get THERE as well, really cool) and can adjust on input also, AND can adjust on the way out of the "looper"...to make up for losses...

It seemed like the only way to use my Prosonic's effects loop, I tried attenuation but the volume lowers, you adjust the volume up to get back some and hit the ceiling again.

But I got distracted and got into other amps, so by the time I got the Nobels, I was already on to other things.
    I'm keeping the box though to try out someday.

5. MBreinin

MBreinin Supporting Member

Wanna send it to me to try out? :AOK

I may have to go rack on this and I really didn't want to spend the money for a studio level effect. This loop demolishes an Echo Park and Boss Digital 'verb. It has level controls, but once you turn the send down to near nothing, you get near nothing in return...and a big loss in gain.

Mike

6. NyteOwl

NyteOwl Member

EbTech has something that does that...