Anything prettier than a semi-hollow mahogany?

tapeworm

I owned an all hog 70's Starfire IV at one point, man the mahogany on it was just so beautiful. It was natural color and super streaky. I'll see if I can't find a pic of it somewhere. I want to say it was a 77 or 78.

Love this 90's run of SF reissues from Westerly as well. Superb guitars and masterfully crafted.

Last edited:

tapeworm

Sweet guitar, man ! I like the look of the Filtron-type LB-1 Little Bucker pickups.
Those are regular buckers. two screws in the middle of the pickup ring is the giveaway on these. :aok

But I like the look of the little buckers too...and the sound of them!

Last edited:

tapeworm

p.mo

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, I know. I am a bit of a Guild-a-holic myself. I was just commenting that they weren't the little buckers as stated by the previous poster I quoted due to the 2 screws in the middle versus 1. :aok
...well as long as they're not mistaken as the dreaded fender impostors! lol ...guess i'm a bit of a guild-a-holic, too! just got into guilds within the past six months or so. lots of great history there. they made some truly beautiful guitars.

Here's my most sentimental guitar. A '62 Starfire II I picked up in the late 90s for around $500. (Edit to add - I guess this is cheating, because I think the SFI and SFIIs are full hollow and not semi. That said, it's a thinline and a rock machine)

58flame

Love me some Guilds!! Nice SF IV!! I agree, those are Duncan SD1 pickups. My 97 X170's pickups are exactly the same, except gold.

Trending Topics