• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Anything similar to the Catalinbread SFT ?

TTBZ

Love the sound of the Catalinbread SFT on stoner mode as a balls out riffy overdrive-fuzz from what I've heard, however find it hard to stomach the big price especially when I can't try it with my gear first.

Is there anything a bit more affordable that does a similar thing? I'm not too fussed about the stones mode, it's all about the heavier one for me. Can only see clone kits/diagrams for the old version otherwise I'd probably just clone it!

Herb Utsmelz

'Tis what 'tis
Silver Supporting Member
Love the sound of the Catalinbread SFT on stoner mode as a balls out riffy overdrive-fuzz from what I've heard, however find it hard to stomach the big price especially when I can't try it with my gear first.

Is there anything a bit more affordable that does a similar thing? I'm not too fussed about the stones mode, it's all about the heavier one for me. Can only see clone kits/diagrams for the old version otherwise I'd probably just clone it!
Used? $110-120ish. I'm on my second one.

MNoir

Nothing else like it. I’ve looked hard! You’ve got to keep a patient eye out on the used market. They can be found for $99. I’ve bought two at that price. Three things to keep in mind. One, both versions do sound a bit different. I AB’d them for several hours one weekend. Kept Version 2 with the “Stones/Stoner” switch. Two, run it at 18 volts. Way tastier. Three, watch Howard’s YouTube video on it. Lots of hint on how to dial it in. Knobs are very interactive. With all that said, it’s my favorite pedal on guitar!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom