Aphelion original vs reissue

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by nbtrue, Feb 12, 2015.

1. nbtrue

nbtrue Supporting Member

Has anyone tried/compared the original run of the spaceman aphelion to the new reissues? I know that he said he couldn't find one of the parts in the original so he used a different part that he says sounds the same. Curious if anyone has tried both and can confirm if they sound the same or not. Thanks for any info.

2. Pointy Headstock

Pointy Headstock Member

There is a thread here comparing the two versions. As I recall the poster noted that the sonic difference was slight. Spaceman effects are hand built and usually contain NOS parts, so there's a degree of variability in each and every pedal.

3. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

I have both and cant really hear any differences.

Cough cough..... My 6000th post cough cough!

4. Black_Label

Black_Label Member

I think there's just a variance in Spaceman pedals from pedal to pedal, not just version to version. I've noticed a difference in every Spaceman pedal I've owned.

5. sammyblammy

sammyblammy Member

I recently bought the turquoise version new. I then bought the original Chrome version (#7 / 15) (used) and in my opinion, the chrome version sounds sharper / brighter / more defined in every way. I sold the turquoise version and never looked back.

nothing like the original gangsa :bow

6. KnowTalent

KnowTalent Just SAY NO to "Creamy" Distortion

...getting in the shower this morning

I noticed the shadow my penis cast across the cold linoleum tile appeared larger than I recall it ever being.
    I did a double-take and...ahhhh, not so sure.

Drat