Apogee Duet --question regarding use on different computers

skhan007

I have an Apogee Duet firewire version from around 2007 or so. It's the solid chrome one that uses firewire 800. I've been using it on my old 2009 iMac and it's great for making demos with Garageband.

I want to also use it with my laptop, strictly as a DAC for listening through headphones. Modern Mac's obviously don't use the now-extinict firewire cable and the laptop will only take USB. I can't seem to find any cable or adapter that will help with this. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

skhan007

Ah! Makes sense. Thanks so much. I hadn't thought about the Thunderbolt port being an option!!

So you're saying at a certain point, the OS is not compatible? I'm running Sierra 10.12 right now.

NotWesYet

Silver Supporting Member
Ah! Makes sense. Thanks so much. I hadn't thought about the Thunderbolt port being an option!!

So you're saying at a certain point, the OS is not compatible? I'm running Sierra 10.12 right now.

The original Duet is not supported via the Apogee software on Sierra. I sold my original Duet and bought a new one. You can backup the drive and restore to an older version of the operating system

Trending Topics

Top Bottom