• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Apologize if this is old hat, but whats the best floor unit modeler for under 500 bucks!

Russ73

A search came up with nothing but I recently grabbed a DV Mark 2x12 and a Quilter 101 and I have been running pedals through it for my sounds but I want a modeler to get more tones and different amp models and efx....the Helix and Kemper and Headrush are out of my budget at the moment so I was curious whats out there in the price range, I apologize as Im new to modeling but looking to get into it as my tube amps keep crapping out and Im fed up with the expenses...thx for any and all info in response.....also the Zoom stuff I checked out at Sam Ash this afternoon was awful so I think those are out !

Kevin Thompson

I second the pod go. Helix tones for $450. Just can't do super long complicated signal chains like the big helix, but it's plenty for most users. I've seen 15% off Guitar Center and 20% off Musicians Friend Coupons this week so you can really get one dirt cheap right now. Can't really beat it.

Kevin Thompson

The NUX is awesomely priced,,,is the Helix that much better sounding??
Haven't tried the nux. The line 6 has 99% of the models from the 1700 dollar helix floor for like 400 with coupon. I think I've heard the nux is good for 150 bucks. The pod go will do alot more and has alot more models and will be really easy to use and plenty of footswitches to do what you need. The 2 footswitches would drive me nuts. The pod go has enough to set up how you like it. Even like a traditional pedalboard. Not sure how to do that with 2 footswitches. Plus the nux looks plastic and cheap in comparison and the customer support and warranty from line 6 is second to none. Nux is kind of newish to the market. If money is the thing get the Nux and if it sux take it back and get the pod go.

Ejay

The NUX is awesomely priced,,,is the Helix that much better sounding??
Probably on the contrary tbh.
Nux, mooer and boss make good sounding units, even the entry models.
If you looking integrate with your pedals or 4cm...check the Bosscore for its connectivity/loops... needs a budget stretch though. Mooer 250 is also a practical unit when it comes to connectivity.

Gasp100

Silver Supporting Member
I second the pod go. Helix tones for $450. Just can't do super long complicated signal chains like the big helix, but it's plenty for most users. I've seen 15% off Guitar Center and 20% off Musicians Friend Coupons this week so you can really get one dirt cheap right now. Can't really beat it.
Can't imagine a better all in one solution for that price!

Tricerapotamus

Nux MG-30 or Pod Go

Where are you seeing the 20% off MF coupon?

Last edited:

Astronaut FX

Gold Supporting Member
As others have mentioned, you should be able to find a Stomp (new with coupon/discount) or used that will get you under or around your stated $500 budget.

Kevin Thompson

Nux MG-30 or Pod Go

Where are you seeing the 20% off MF coupon?
It was in my email I think. You can get codes doing a Google search for mf or gc coupons or call in and tell them you saw an ad that said to call in for deep discounts through January 16th. Just tell them you'll buy whatever it is you're looking to get if you can use the 20% off.