Appeal to Frank Ritchotte and Digital Igloo!

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by PearlyGates, Mar 10, 2020.

1. vaultnaemsae

vaultnaemsae Member

Here in central Seoul, South Korea, the relatively large company I work at hasn't even enforced quarantine on us yet! Was kind of hoping that they would so I might be able to avoid all the public spitters (I'm not kidding) on the commute to and from the office and actually spend some more time in the home studio! Stay safe, everyone -- no matter where you are!

2. hotrats73

hotrats73 Member

I obviously subscribe this.

We need 2.9 to survive the lockdown here in Milan!

tonyhay likes this.
  3. tonyhay

tonyhay Silver Supporting Member

My best wishes to Italy. I hope your beautiful country is back to normal soon.

milosppf and hotrats73 like this.
  4. Mooselake

Mooselake Member

That Italian branch of family came from villages north and south of Busto Arsizio (Borsano and Bolladello) which I think are close to Milan. My understanding from a distant cousin is that we still have relatives in the area. This (3rd or 4th) cousin was actually a friend in high school and we didn't know we were related until after my mom passed and I found some old genealogical stuff. Funny thing is we came within a hair's breadth of dating in our school days. Eek!

I hope it doesn't get too bad for you, or anyone there. It's hard to say how things will play out here in the US. Seems like NY state is taking preliminary steps towards shutting down one county. I'm afraid it'll wind up being a mess here too. Take care!

5. Rewolf

Rewolf Member

3rd cousin is only like to share < 1% dna, it is not as if you would have been like the Pharoahs!
    https://www.medicalbag.com/home/features/grey-matter/impact-of-royal-inbreeding-part-iii/

My sympathy to all those in Italy. I was in Rome only a few weeks ago taking advantage of airmiles and the kids going on school skiing trips, it was great to see the sun for the first time in months (UK weather has been awful). Our youngest was also in Northern Italy, but we are all fine other than a cold or two.

hotrats73 likes this.
  6. Lord N

Lord N Member

I really messed up by flying half around the world to get "away from the Corona Virus" and now there are even more cases where i'm currently at. :bonk
    Lot's of stuff is getting cancelled. Concerts, conventions, sports, etc.

guitarobert, MaxTwang and mikah912 like this.
  7. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Supporting Member

8. RandoMan

RandoMan Member

We got word a few hours ago from our CEO that we are to work from home now through the end of March. Lots more time for noodling, could really use a new firmware update :).

I'm hoping and praying for everyone here on TGP and your precious families to be safe.

9. MixMinisterMike

MixMinisterMike Supporting Member

Schools closed here until April 24th.
    Bring on the woodshed!

10. Madmax25

Madmax25 Member

Our entire country is on lock down now (Denmark). Unfortunately I have a cold now - and yes, it might very well be the corona virus, as in most cases it will only feel like a common cold - and my kids can’t go to school since they are also closed, so I have to take care of them too. All this just to say that unfortunately that means I don’t really have a lot of time to play the guitar :(

Stay safe out there and please don’t be one of those hoarders who empty supermarkets out of panic. It makes me sick to my stomach that we are still so controlled by our animal instincts that we don’t show proper consideration for each other...:(

11. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

We hope all of you guys stay safe and healthy. Lots of virus restrictions rolling out everywhere and hopefully this thing gets contained quickly because of these moves. Please keep making music. The world needs you more than ever!

12. theevilone

theevilone Member

Here in Croatia (right next to Italy, across the Adriatic) today it's the beggining of a total lockdown. Schools, colleges, kindergardens are closing, borders are being shut down, public events are all cancelled, only supermarkets with food will remain open. Never have I experienced something similar in my life. Really weird feeling.

We are still not obliged to be in isolation but you can see towns being ghost towns.

On the music side I ordered a keyboard (finally) and will be spending this strange times practicing and learning a new instrument.

We will get through this together, guys. Be safe and use this time to be closer to your families and friends if you can.

the swede, Madmax25, mikah912 and 3 others like this.
  13. hotrats73

hotrats73 Member

Stay safe!

theevilone likes this.
  14. sixesandsevens

sixesandsevens Member

Amen. For what it's worth, I suspect very few of us living have ever experienced anything like this.

Edit: Stay safe everyone!

theevilone and mikah912 like this.
  15. Ingolf

Ingolf Member

I saw my first Covid patient in my practice more than 2 weeks ago.
    Looked the enemy in the eye so to speak.
    I wish Germany's federalism would finally lead to a complete shutdown like our neighbor countries wisely chose to perform.
    And kudos to Italy for having the balls to do it.

gbtommasi, Cenzo, Araman and 5 others like this.
  16. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

My kid's spring break got extended a week, office requesting all who can work remote, so US is kicking into high gear now. Hopefully the warming weather and increasing humidity will help slow transmission. One fear though...while a lockdown will certainly save some lives and stop many from getting sick, conversely many lives will be ruined, specifically small business, by economic stagnation and those very near retirement investments getting obliterated. I see at least in the NBA they are enacting a plan to try and replace hourly worker pay in the short term, but in other industries, specifically service industries, many people will suffer great long term economic effects.

Lele, mikah912 and burningyen like this.
  17. Heavyville

Heavyville Member

Stay safe everyone and educate yourself on preventive measures and containment if required. This is a certified GONG SHOW....

18. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

I absolutely agree, prudent action is necessary (though the window may have already been missed). Just pointing out the flip side of this. Many will suffer economic repercussions for a long time, some will never recover from these despite the virus being (hopefully) contained.

19. Lord N

Lord N Member

We are urged here to not do that and leave the masks for people that actually need it, like medical staff.

Cool Hand Luke and burningyen like this.
  20. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

Unless you have a mask which is rated as a respirator, virus can typically still penetrate as well as transmit through the eyes. Additionally, if you are reusing a mask (especially a some home made option) any virus which did get stopped on the mask would be transferred to the hands when removing and replacing raising the risk of infection (why med professionals also wear gloves). That said, if you are in fact sick, wearing any type of mask, even a simple bandanna, can help stop spread via droplets of saliva when coughing or sneezing but extreme care should be taken when handing/changing it.