Application for boost and overdrive

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Kswilson89, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Kswilson89

Kswilson89 Member

I've just purchased a Creation Audio Labs MK.4.23 clean boost and a Lovepedal COT50. I'll be running these through a princeton reverb. How would you order these pedals? Would you set the amp to just before break up for clean, then use the COT50 for crunch tones and then kick in the MK.4.23 for leads?

Thanks!

2. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Try both ways and see which one you like better.

ChampReverb likes this.
  3. Jeremie Legault

Jeremie Legault Member

Well if you want to use your boost for leads then I would recommend placing it after the overdrive. Boost after OD will ensure that using the boost will actually increase the volume of your OD pedal (so you can be heard more clearly).
    With boost before OD you push the clipping in your OD and increase saturation. This is a good sound too, but will not sound as clear as a boost after OD.

4. theroan

theroan Member

I would do boost first. You can either have it as an always on pedal or it can add extra boost to the OD.

5. jjasleby

jjasleby Member

Yep. It depends on what you want and what you like. Do you like to run the amp on the edge of breakup? Do you want to preserve the sound of the MK4? Or do you want the most stackable gain structure?