Appoximate value give or take of the Martin John Mayer Signature Limited Edition OM-28

LBXPDX

I want to say $3-3,500 is the perceived value in the secondary market, though I see one a GC for $2750 and one at zsounds fir $2950.

Traditionally an OM has 1 3/4" nut, 2 3/16" at the saddle, a long scale and a teardrop pick guard, which always made me wonder why they call it the OMJM as it is a long scale 000 with a teardrop pick guard, but that is neither heat nor there.

Zakko

OMJM is very different than the OM-28JM. The OM-28JM was limited to 404 pieces with different inlay than the production model OMJM.

strings2wood

OMJM is very different than the OM-28JM. The OM-28JM was limited to 404 pieces with different inlay than the production model OMJM.

I understand that as I was fortunate enough to pick up no. 310. I think the OM-28 Limited Edition has a fuller mid punch than the OMJM.
I loved the warmth of the OM-42 in that clip.
I want to sell it to help fund a Gil Yaron build.
I'll be doing some demo clips with it in the next few days.
I think I'll end up with a Borgeois or Lowden eventually.
It doesn't have the Martin resale value on the headstock, but I think if you know what they are, you value them to play them more than resell them.
Didn't think the Limited Edition was built as a collectible but it seemed to head that way till they released the OMJM.
Great clip and comparison. :aok

image_zpspettpbxf.jpeg

Last edited:

steevo124

I still have it Steevo.

If you are interested let me know and I will try and post photos and send you a clip
when time allows.

Yes, I am interested and looking to make a purchase asap before I spend my money on something else lol. E-mail me so we can discuss pricing and you can email pics etc. I don't think a video clip is necessary. Some detailed pics will do.
email:[email protected]

Last edited:

steevo124

I still have it Steevo.

If you are interested let me know and I will try and post photos and send you a clip
when time allows.

Strings... Are you looking to sell fairly quickly or are you still thinking about it? Just curious as I do have my eye on a few others, but I am curious about what condition yours is in and if it has a strap button installed. If it's in poor condition or there is a strap button installed on the neck I wouldn't be interested. Anyway, rather than discuss details here in the forum, like I said, email me. [email protected]

strings2wood

With the JM name just deduct $1000 from the OM28 value.... :>)
You'd be surprised.
I've played an OM28
the later released OMJM.
The signature edition is one of the Martin's they got right.
I sold an EC model once I compared both and kept the JM signature edition.
It was all about sounds I liked and playability.
The pick up is well balanced requiring no eq.

The build quality is innate. :)

steevo124

You'd be surprised.
I've played an OM28
the later released OMJM.
The signature edition is one of the Martin's they got right.
I sold an EC model once I compared both and kept the JM signature edition.
It was all about sounds I liked and playability.
The pick up is well balanced requiring no eq.

The build quality is innate. :)

I've been sending you e-mails. Not sure if you're getting them, but I'd like to discuss your asking price. Like I said, I'm ready to purchase but would like to discuss the details. I will take care of all shipping arrangements should we come to an agreement.

TJNies

Guys, take this into a PM if you are going to negotiate.
Otherwise post it in the Emporium, paying the dues requisite.

Not cool negotiating in this forum!!

LoopyBullet

Silver Supporting Member
The OM28JM's go for crazy money now!

I'm impressed by certain aspects of the OMJM...gloss headstock (why don't they do this to all their guitars?!), nice non-V neck for those who like that (like me), electronics that don't taint the outside of the guitar with ugliness. A lot to love, IMO!

I just wished that they used GRAINED ivoroid. Would make the guitar a lot nicer than the current, hospital-white ivoroid.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom