Approx how much to ship a pedal to France?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markophonic, Feb 12, 2008.

1. markophonic

markophonic Member

I've had an inquiry about a pedal I have on ebay. I normally only sell stuff in the USA. Someone in France has asked if I would ship to France. I would be shipping from Michigan to France....any rough Ideas on what the charges could end up being?

:confused:

2. chaz

chaz Member

3. markophonic

markophonic Member

4. vinceman

vinceman Member

I live in France, and just received a used Strobostomp from Springfield, OR.

The stamp on the box says $13.60

i think most of the stuff (pedals) I received from the US were sent for less than $20

Now, it depends on the weight, insurance....

5. Topas

Topas Member

I had a few pedals shipped from states to Czech Republic. The amount was about $30, every time.

6. gearitis

gearitis Gold Supporting Member

First Class International to France from the US is $10.40 for a 1 lb. package and $16.80 for a 2 lb. package, but you can't add insurance.

The cheapest way to ship with the ability to add insurance up to $650.00 is Priority Mail International. I won't ship an item that I sell on eBay without full insurance coverage.

Priority Mail International to France is $20.00 for a 1lb. package and $24.00 for a 2 lb. package with automatic insurance coverage of $61.28 and $64.26 respectively.

See http://ircalc.usps.gov/ to calculate all your options including additional insurance. The rates are slightly cheaper if you do it online.

7. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

25-30 bucks via usps international priority with insurance. i've sent to greece and australia in the past two weeks for a total of three times. each was 25-30 bucks.

8. markophonic

markophonic Member

I'm asking this because I have someone in France who wants to buy a pedal from me. He say's I can ship it for about $15.00. Normally I keep things in the USA for simplicity. I'm asssuming that the only way I can track or know if the package actually arrives there is by sending Priority mail? Because this would be a paypal transaction I want to know the item arrives etc. and I don't want someone claiming that they never recieved the item and Paypal charges me back. I'm hearing too many stories like this lately.

9. orogeny

The ONLY way to protect BOTH of your butts is to insure it. The cheapest and best way to do that is USPS international priority. YES, you can send it for 15bucks, but then NO-there is NO WAY to guarantee it will get there.

10. markophonic

markophonic Member

Thanks, This is exactly what I was thinking!

I'm just afraid to send it the cheap route because if someone claims to have not recieved it and files a claim with PayPal they will charge me back...and there seems to be alot of this stuff going on lately and as a seller I have no recourse and will be out $$$.

11. orogeny

I really don't worry about that when it comes to selling to someone on TGP if they have been around for awhile. If I'm worried, it's that the darn thing will never get there or will sit in customs for months on end. If it disappears, I'll refund the bloke and still get paid. . . .