1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

April pedal videos

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by crazynightowl, May 17, 2011.

1. crazynightowl

crazynightowl Member

Anybody heard anything about the pedal video shoot back in April?

CNO

2. The P-Man

The P-Man Member

No, but did you hear anything about that thing that was happening in February?

3. tibbon

tibbon Member

Talking about my videos?

I'm in the editing process right now, but I have approximately 6 hours of footage to finish. And most of it isn't junk. Probably will edit down to 4 hours. Trying to find the time to do it all, but this is like editing the Hobbit, only Taylor is more hairy than Bilbo. Just uploading to YouTube will take an entire day, and the compression stage might take 2 days on my feeble MacBook pro.

The good news is that the quality blows pretty much everything out of the water and addresses almost all qualms people had with prior videos. We change it up on the amps and guitars, play different things, show the bypassed tones, play with other tracks in a mix and all sorts of other goodies.

In the meantime, look at the maddness that is taylor's pedal collection this week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfe_hfBWQkg

4. jdel77

jdel77 Silver Supporting Member

Pedals...meh.

I want a Sunny Day Real Estate T-shirt too!

;)

5. kevinhifi

kevinhifi Member

Thanks for all of the hard work on this, tibbon. Looking forward to seeing/hearing the final product. The quick glance through Taylor's studio is incredible!

6. tibbon

tibbon Member

Transcoding the 2nd camera that I used on some of the clips (iPad 2) from h.264 to Prores LT. Unsure if the lower quality 2nd camera will work out, but we'll find out. I'd like to get another D7000 or the lower end Nikon that does video for a higher quality 2nd camera for stuff like this eventually. But damn, I spend so much on making these videos :) Yet, I think its worth it.

Got a new LaCie Big2 Quadra hard drive with an eSATA interface. Two drives running in Raid 1. Super fast and that's helping out a great deal for editing.

Kevin- your pedals turned out really well I think. Taylor really dug the compressor and Choad, and I really liked the fuzz. Haven't figured out exactly when/where to use it all the time yet, but its damn cool! I want more pedals in that form factor. You could fit 20 pedals on a Pedaltrain Mini!

7. kevinhifi

kevinhifi Member

Awesome. Yeah, I saw the Choad Blaster and the Orange Whip in the Youtube clip! I do plan on making more of those 2"x2" pedals. There's definitely a limit to the types of pedals you can have with no knobs, and it isn't physically possible to put a knob on there while keeping the hand-soldered PCB, high quality jacks, and such. A booster is a definite possibility, as well as a low gain overdrive/distortion. I'd love to do a set-and-forget chorus or flanger too.

Thanks again for doing this.