• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

April Wine

Serious Poo

Powered by Coffee
Platinum Supporting Member
Saw these guys open for Styx way back in the day. Awesome band!

Blues Lyne

I Like to Rock was the first song I performed live in front of an audience with a rock band. I'd performed with a band front of friends, or solo accompanying myself on the piano. I'd performed many times with vocal groups, played sax solo and in various ensembles, sung at church, etc., but never fronted a rock band in front a real audience.

Some friends asked me to sing for a band they were putting together for a high school talent show. It must have been around '79 or so. April Wine was pretty big in Michigan and we were all listening to Harder....Faster a lot at the time. I remember the auditorium was packed and dark, the stage lights were blinding. When I got to "I like it, You like it" I pointed at the darkness and heard a bunch of girls scream. I was hooked!

I also performed solo that night, singing a song that I had written. The drummer did a dance routine with a couple of other guys. The band, my solo performance and the dance routine took the first three places. What a night. Thanks for takin' me back there.

Smakutus

Some friends asked me to sing for a band they were putting together for a high school talent show. It must have been around '79 or so. April Wine was pretty big in Michigan and we were all listening to Harder....Faster a lot at the time.
They were huge here in mid Michigan back in the late 70's.. It's sad but the "classic" radio stations here now never play them but they should.

Jeff

chinstrap

I did a stateside show with all the original members from the Harder Faster era in 2003 and it rocked. Great songs, guitars, and a killer vocal!

rob2001

Back in the day, my band used to play I like to Rock, Sign of the Gypsy Queen and Roller. Those songs always went over big and I looked forward to them coming up on the setlist. I like to Rock is the reason I bought a red Ross Flanger!!

We all really wanted to do their version of 20th Century Skitziod Man but no way were we good enough to pull that off!!

Smakutus

My bands did Sign Of The Gypsy Queen, Just Between You and Me, and Enough is Enough which I think was their last hit song which we would sometimes sing "Your my girl and your muff is enough".

Jeff

wooldl

Wow! I love that band. My college band used to do I Like to Rock just so we could do the ending and blend it into Satisfaction or Day Tripper.
Awesome band.

franksguitar

I saw April Wine a number of years ago at an outdoor concert in Tennesee. They did a killer version of 21st Century Schiziod Man!

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
They were huge here in mid Michigan back in the late 70's.. It's sad but the "classic" radio stations here now never play them but they should.

Jeff
Move to Canada. You will hear AW in constant high rotation.

Some great songs, but after 40 years of hearing them it starts to wear one down, kind if like hearing Stairway for the 4k time.

The band was just inducted into the Cdn Music Hall of Fame, BTW.
They have had a floating cast of members, over the years, but the core sound has remained.

Trending Topics