Aqua Puss Clone???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hollywood5150, Feb 5, 2006.

1. hollywood5150

hollywood5150 Member

Like many others, I had a Aqua Puss years ago and sold it. Is there anyone making a new pedal that comes close? I wish I would have kept all my Way Huge pedals!!

Thanks
    Eddy

2. Moushegh

Moushegh Member

AD *900* (not the 999, which is great as well) is the the warmest, most oganic and transparent delay pedal, next to the Aqua Puss, imo.

3. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

One of the on-line vendors has the Atomic Echo Clone, which is supposed to be a AP2 clone. They sell for $339.95.

Here is how they advertise it:

ATOMIC ECHO CLONE
    Finally the Atomic ECHO CLONE is available. Yes the delay everyone has been waiting for -- the clone of one of the greatest analog delay pedals of the 90's. We can't say what delay it is a clone of but... you guys know ! It has a real Panasonic 3005 Bucket Brigade Chip in it and provides .330 ms of wonderful full spectrum delay. Due to the chip no longer being made there will only be 50 of these puppies made and we got all 50 of them . . . .

4. Elliott Damage

Elliott Damage Member

he's been trying to sell those *limited edition* pedals for like 3 or 4 years. They're really flying off the shelf :Devil . Still has some left from those 50 after 3 years.

5. eric-d

eric-d Member

musictoyz HAD them... I think they're sold out now...

6. Elliott Damage

Elliott Damage Member

a few years back i ordered an Atomic Echo from musictoyz. It had been a few weeks and i didn't recieve it and had heard nothing.

I called and spoke to a guy at musictoyz. I asked where my pedal was. he said that his brother in law makes them and throws a batch together when 'he runs out of chicks to **** and pot to smoke'. i cancelled my order and now do not deal with musictoyz and direct everyone i know to Tonefactor.

7. TDavis

TDavis Member

I've had one of the Atomic Echo clones for almost two years now and I gig every weekend....I've never had a problem with it, and it does exactly what I want it to do. I'd never sell it,..it's an intregal part of my sound.

8. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

musictoyz is sold out on the atomic. anyway i never played the aqua puss, but i asked yesterday somebody who owns 2 aqua pusses and more how the aqua puss sounds compared to the ibanez ad-80. and he said quite similiar, but the aqua is even clearer.... AND the maxon ad-9 is really close sounding to the aqua... really really really close.

9. playon

playon Supporting Member

Probably if you took an AD-9 and upgraded a bunch of the components you'd be pretty close... no true bypass though. I came very close to selling my Aqua Puss when I saw them hitting $500 but I'm really glad I kept it. Just a great sounding pedal if you don't need long delays.

10. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

I have the Aquapuss, the Ibanez-80, Maxon, EH Deluxe memoryman and a few more. I prefer to use the aquapuss over all others, clean, natural sounding, warm. It is the best of the breed. Haven't tried the the atomic. No need to, I suppose. I'm on my way to echoczar next. On the list, hope to report back by the end of the year.

11. MrSage

MrSage Member

Not "supposed to be"...

They were actually made with surplus PCBs left over when Way Huge stopped production.

;)

12. sanhozay

sanhozay klon free since 2009 Silver Supporting Member

Keeley modded AD-9 is the closest and the most affordable. If I still had my Puss I bet it would sound even closer than I recall.